Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

M St (or downtown DC) mailing list?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M St (or downtown DC) mailing list?
    Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 9:45pm
I used to work in DC from 2003 to 2005, and had slugged from Woodbridge to DC, going up 18th St up to K St.

Back then, I met some people who signed up for a mailing list, where drivers would send out an email before COB informing the others what time they were leaving. Riders would then write back to take up spots in the driver's car.

Fast-forward 5 years... and I now find myself driving to DC again, this time, to Georgetown. This morning, I drove 2 slugs up 18th St, and took K St to go west towards Georgetown.

The only problem is: I had to go down to Pentagon to look for slugs, but it was too confusing, with many lines end-to-end, and seemingly no end to the Horner line.

So, I went to Crystal City at the last minute, and picked up 2 slugs, barely making it onto HOV before 6pm.

SOLUTION? I would like to get in on the mailing list, if it still exists. In the near future, I will be working with this client in DC, and will be driving up 18th St every morning, and will come back down 19th St (or 23rd, whichever works for the slugs).

Does this mailing list still exist? If so, can I get on it again? If not, can we make a new one?

I remember talking to the creator of slug-lines.com and his tech friend, about making a web application to automate driver/rider matching, but I'm not sure if that was ever completed. :)

shahedC
Dale H View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 7:54am
If you are going into Georgetown, why not go through Rosslyn and use the Key Bridge?

Dale H
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 10:08am
oh good point.... i will try the Rosslyn line tomorrow morning! :)

on the way back, I'll go straight to Rosslyn to pick up slugs

shahedC
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 4:04pm
follow-up...

yesterday afternoon, i left Georgetown after 4:30pm and found it easy to get 2 slugs within 5 minutes of waiting at the end of a long line of cars in Rosslyn

but this morning, i got to Horner Rd lot around 7am, and the car line for Rosslyn was too long, waiting for riders

so... I went to the DC line instead, and found a dozen riders waiting in line for 18 St... so I picked up 3 slugs and got to DC around 7:35am :)

Dale H View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 8:57am
Yes, 7am is late for the Rosslyn line from Horner. You probably need to be there by 6:30 if you don't want to wait (as a driver).

Dale H
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic