Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pentagon to Tacketts Mill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KFB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentagon to Tacketts Mill
    Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 11:14am
I am very new to picking up slugs and I have tried to figure out how the lines work at Pentagon but am so confused when trying to pick up for Tacketts Mill. I know where the line is, but do I need to wait in the really long line that starts around the HOV entrance or do I drive around to find the line specifically for Tacketts Mill (which is what I tried to do but couldn't figure out where it started). If I wait in the long line, does anyone know if it moves quickly around 5:00pm or will I be sitting there for 30 minutes? I drove through once but didn't pick up because I was afraid I would be cutting in front of others that were waiting and didn't want to be that person. - Thanks!
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 2:04pm
I drive occassionally and pick up for Horner so someone may know better. The really long line in the right lane is normally cars waiting for Horner/Potomac, the first pickup point you get to. For the other points, most cars bypass that line and drive up to the other points and start a line there. Somedays there are many cars for all the lines so there may be two lines of cars. If that's the case, remember to leave room for the cars that are pulling out from the Horner pickup.
KFB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KFB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 2:15pm
Thanks for the info, that's very helpful to know. I was afraid I had to sit in that full line and I was really dreading the idea of that.
floreso2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floreso2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 9:08pm
The really long line to the right is for potomic mills/horner. If you stay to the inside you can bypass that line. You don't have to wait in that line. The tacketts line is the second one from the exit. Be careful from going to far to the exit because the last stop is Springfield, that line can get long and push tacketts back. If you see a long line from the exit back chances are tacketts got pushed back, we just roll window down and ask people/drivers if they are for tacketts. If you go pass the line just cut through parking lot and go back around. Do you by chance go to the navy annex ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic