Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stafford - Alexandria - Slug options?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stafford - Alexandria - Slug options?
    Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 12:09pm
I need to get from Stafford (pref Mine Rd) to Alexandria near the Braddock Metro.

I suppose I could slug to Crystal City or the Pentagon then go back down the yellow/blue line to Braddock.

Anyone have an opinion on which slug location I should take in the morning (pentagon or crystal city)? And which I should take in the afternoon (pentagon or cyrstal city)?

Taking into account the walk distance from the metro to the slug line. And the availability of slug drivers. And the size of the slug line. And the shelter from the weather. Etc.

thanks!
marcelhenryg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcelhenryg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 10:34am
I too am looking to get from Stafford to Braddock Road/Old Town Alexandria between 8:30-5:30 each day. Any suggestions? I don't mind driving a few days a week...if you are interested please email me. thanks.
Paula View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 10:27am
I've posted a few times about a Springfield to/from Stafford line. My husband works in Kingstowne and drops me at the Springfield metro. In the afternoon he drives up and picks me up in Pentagon City before picking up a slug at Pentagon. (We've given up picking up in the AM because it's been mostly miss at finding someone at 6:30 AM without sitting in line) It would be so much more convenient (and easier on gas) if there was a line at the Spfld metro somewhere.

If any interest develops, we'll join in!
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 7:25am
Timing could not be better! We are trying to see if there is any interest in a slug line directly to Alexandria!

If you are interested, then there are probably plenty of others too. There are a lot of people who work in Alexandria and if we could get this slug line to work, it would really benenfit a lot of people.

I am going to start a new thread on the message board and I would ask that you help in any way you can.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic