Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

various things

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louise725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: various things
    Posted: 10 May 2010 at 10:40am
I recently started slugging and here are a few things I have been exposed to and not sure how to handle them:
1. Speeding by drivers (one was going 85+)
2. Trying to drive and using cell phones and using ipods (at the same time)NO HANDS ON WHEEL AT TIMES>>>
3. Loud music playing (really loud)
4. Wont turn on air or heat.

Although I am GRATEFUL to have someone give me a ride, I believe that the DRIVER(s) should have some respect for those that are HELPING them as well. How does one handle these situations.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 6:45pm
Louise,
You have several options.

1. Stop slugging if the chance of you encountering such things is intolerable.
2. When things like that happen, politely let the driver know it bothers you, and politely ask him or her to remedy the situation. Most drivers are understanding -- but a few are not.
3. Make note of the particular car and/or driver, and skip the ride with them next time. Just give the person who's behind you in the slug line the opportunity to take that ride.
4. Find (or form) a regular car pool where you feel comfotable with the driver(s).

Realize that sluggin' is a system of various persons and personalities and includes all the issues that come with that. Be as tolerant as you can, but it's up to you (not everyone else) to take action when it becomes bothersome to you. Happy sluggin'! [:)]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic