Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Slug Line to Alexandria!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whit923 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 12:56pm
Am I correct in that there is no slug line from Woodbridge to Alexandria? I noticed there is no link from the website but the original flyer still comes up in a google search.

I normally take the VRE and checked to see if any drivers and/or sluggers were in line and had no luck.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 4:24pm
White923,
Unfortunately no. We tried hard to get this line started but it just did not take off. There just wasn't enough time incentive for drivers to get off of the HOV onto I-495. Now with the HOT lanes things could change because drivers could avoid the toll if they pick up slugs. We'll have to wait and see....
ktzmom13 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktzmom13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 9:36pm
I am looking for 2 slugs to Springfield metro - 8 am from Woodbridge/Dale City. Need people every day Mon thru Friday. Too bad slug line didn't take off. I ride by myself to Springfield metro. Would love to use HOV lanes.
mlofthus View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlofthus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 9:27am
Anyone interested in vanpooling with me from Franconia Springfield down to Smithsonian metro (USDA) please let me know! (571.331.4184)
Mark E. Lofthus
Franconia Springfield Vanpool
sarahbchuon View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahbchuon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 11:17am
I realize this post is very old, but did this ever come to fruition? I'm currently teleworking due to the pandemic, but I would like to slug from Horner Rd. to Old Town Alexandria (King Street Metro) once I go back to the office.
SBC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic