Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedA proposal for hybrids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2003 at 2:09pm
To mroyal,

I would like to request that you not take everyone else's message apart in segments and respond to each sentence. That is very irritating and unnecessary. It has the effect of intimidating others into not posting messages. Is that your intent?

Bob
eziggy3 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eziggy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2003 at 2:22pm
quote:
Originally posted by Bob
[br]To mroyal,

I would like to request that you not take everyone else's message apart in segments and respond to each sentence. That is very irritating and unnecessary. It has the effect of intimidating others into not posting messages. Is that your intent?

Bob

I think you don't like what he is saying.

I too am purchasing a hybrid so I can ride the HOV. Hey, it's the law right. I couldn't care less about the enviornmental implecations. Maybe a tiny bit.

Go Go Hybrid
eziggy3
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2003 at 3:00pm
quote:
Originally posted by Bob
[br]To mroyal,

I would like to request that you not take everyone else's message apart in segments and respond to each sentence.

I'll consider your request.

quote:

That is very irritating and unnecessary.

Sometimes it is necessary. I guess it could quickly become irritating though.

quote:

It has the effect of intimidating others into not posting messages. Is that your intent?

Nope, was that your intent?

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2003 at 3:12pm
MROYAL....funny one but your right about the irritating!!
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2003 at 10:04am
quote:

But don't get on here and tout your ecological virtues while you're by yourself in your hybrid.

Okay, fair enough (but I never touted my virtues.)

Kindest Regards,

mroyal

OK, I know that you are very vocal on the subject of hybrids, as evident on the THREE threads of hybrid discussion that are happening lately, and that you seem to be the center of attention in all of them. But, and this may come as a surprise to you, my previous comments were not directed at YOU!! They were general comments designed to call attention to some hypocracy that had not yet been highlighted on these threads, not to try to make you look like a bad guy. Honestly!

Relax. Not everyone is out to get you. Like I said, I personally don't care about hybrids on the HOV (as evident by how much I DON'T weigh in in these threads).

But thanks for the dissection of my comments, anyway. I feel so...violated. [B)]
adjguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2003 at 6:02pm
quote:
Originally posted by 3ForHOV
[br]My understanding of how hybrids work is this...they use GASOLINE when they are on the highway and switch over to ELECTRIC for inner city/suburb driving. If this is the case, they should be considered like every other gas guzzling vehicle out there and should obide with the HOV-3 rule.

I consider myself a conservationist/environmentalist and if I owned a hybrid, I would still swing by and pick up slugs on my way to work.

Hello. I own a Hybrid. My wife drives it to work everyday. She takes it to Tysons Corner VIA 95HOV - the GW Pkywy North. I myself work in DC, and am a slug rider. I bought the Hybrid for two reasons, and two reasons only. So my wife could use the HOV, and so I can reduce my use of fuels (sticking it to the Oil Cartel every which way I can). I spent 19K on the Honda 4 door hybrid automatic. It gets over 45MPG, which is how much my regular Honda civic gets, or your average VW Passat, or even a Corolla. Your stats on the hybrid, were im afraid, wrong. The car does not "switch" over to Electric in the city. It uses the electric engine for "assist" during accelleration, which means that the car does not put out EMISSIONS, like your EMISSIONS emitting regular cars. So, the reason that the hybrids are allowed to use the HOV is not for the MILEAGE, its due to the extreamly low EMISSIONS. When the car is stopped at a stop light, and your vehicle is running, using GASOLINE, my wifes hybrid is OFF. The car shuts off in Idleing, IE traffic lights, or slow moving traffic.... I am very tired of the Hybrids getting knocked everyday...."my car gets close to the milage that the hybrid gets", "its not fair". Please get the facts straight. Its the EMISSIONS, NOT THE MILAGE. Our hybrid emmits 10% of the pollutants that your average joe's car in this area.

What do I think of the rule? I have mixed feelings. I think there should be some type of insentive to own a gas/electric car, as it is the only way to reduce our need for foreign oil, and clean our air. I wonder if there is something that can be done in the future to make everyone happy.

I have some room to gripe, as I am a die hard slugger everyday, and have both evils. I own a Hybrid. No hard feelings though, Im not trying to be a jerk, but its the only way for me to convey the message, as with everyone else here, I am entitled to an opinion....and a spelling class..... I think this is a great system, and hope it continues to run smoothly. And if the law does change again, my wife, im sure will be more than willing to pick some slugs up in her hybrid[:D]
Sorry, but my spelling does indeed stink, I was a victim of the public school system[;)]

Thanks ya'll for your time, and the oportunity to express my opinion.
JB
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 8:26pm
quote:
Originally posted by Bob
[br]Allowing hybrids and other alternative fuel cars on I-95 HOV with one occupant is giving them a double benefit because the highway is HOV-3. SNIPDoes anyone have any info on other HOVs around the country, what they are doing with hybrids, and whether hybrids are popular elsewhere?

I was under the impression that the clean fuel vehicle HOV exemption in Virginia was prompted by Darryl Issa, a Congressman from California. Someone has infomed me that the exemption was home grown in Virginia on Governor Jim Gilmore's watch.

This may have some credibility as Gilmore was the Governor that fired Dave Gehr.

If you have any details on who was behind allowing SOV clean fuel vehicles on Shirley Highway, please reply to Dick Boyd. [:)]

No good deed should go unpunished. Anonymous

Check out Boyd's Bees ad on Slug-Lines.com classified.

dickboyd@aol.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic