Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rt 3 Gordon Road

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTErin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rt 3 Gordon Road
    Posted: 17 Apr 2003 at 1:04pm
I am new to slugging and I am curious as to the availability of afternoon rides from the Pentagon to Rt 3 Gordon Rd. Do a lot of people typically pick up slugs going to this area?
tondalea View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2003 at 3:40pm
It seems to work pretty good, often better than the line for Rt 17. I've even seen two and three cars lined up waiting for riders even after us 17 riders try to talk them into going to 17. I guess like any other line, you dont want to get there too late.
Kelsey View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2003 at 4:48pm
It seems to vary. Some days it goes quick and other days cars seem to come pretty slowly and it can be a wait. It is still a relatively new line though.

quote:
Originally posted by VTErin
[br]I am new to slugging and I am curious as to the availability of afternoon rides from the Pentagon to Rt 3 Gordon Rd. Do a lot of people typically pick up slugs going to this area?

Jah View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2003 at 8:03am
On average, the line does not go faster than Rt. 17 (or 610 for that matter), however, all slug lines have their "fast" times and slow times. Just know that on any line, it is rare to walk up and get a ride immediately. As long as you aren't arriving too close to 6pm, you should not have a problem. The Rt. 3 line is quite reliable.
krr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2003 at 8:20am
The Rt. 3 line works fine. I get there about 5pm and have always gotten a ride. It is misleading to say the Rt. 3 line often works better than the Rt. 17 line. They both work well. Rt. 17 has a lot more movement because it has been established longer and has a huge lot, and I personally have never witnessed the Rt. 17 folks trying to talk Rt. 3 drivers into taking them. Perhaps the earlier poster may be referring to incidences when no one is in line at Rt. 3 - in such cases - so what? That post is not correct and a bit mean-spirited. The vast majority of folks involved in slugging are fine, courteous people and don't engage in such immature behavior as putting down another slug line. Hope this doesn't give the wrong impression. I have never seen any animosity between the 2 lines.
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2003 at 9:22am
krr - I don't get the impression that tondalea was being mean-spirited or trying to put down any other line.

VTErin - I slug between the Pentagon and 610, and it seems that the Rt 3, Rt 17, and Rt 610 lines are all doing fine. Some days are better than others, and some times are better than others. I've seen people get picked up as late as 6:15PM, and have meet some that have gotten rides as late as 8pm (using a sign over on Rotary road, close to the turn to get on to the I395 on-ramp). I've also seen people getting picked up as early as 3pm [must be nice!!!] I'm not sure how the 630 line is doing, but I occasionally (once a month or so) see people standing at the sign.

krr - what's wrong with riders standing in 1 line trying to talk drivers waiting in another line to try driving to a different location? I've seen it tried lots of times.
krr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2003 at 1:05pm
OK, ARBO, thanks for the response. That was my point - there is nothing wrong talking to others... Appreciate your thoughts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic