Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rt.234 DUMFRIES- Organized Pick-up Lines- 14JUN10
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rt.234 DUMFRIES- Organized Pick-up Lines- 14JUN10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GKreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 1:01pm
quote:
Originally posted by CJ
Louise,
It seemed to me you were upset since you used exclamation points multiple times. As I recall from grade school and school house rock videos on Saturday mornings, <sing with me here folks> "interjections-show excitement, show emotion, and are followed by an exclamation point... or by a comma when the feeling is not as strong....". So my apologies if I misinterpreted your "!!"

CJ

School House Rock! Those were the best... "I'm just a bill, yes I'm only a bill and I'm sittin' here on Capitol Hill..." "Conjunction junction what's your function..."

Classic.

George
Pentagon1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentagon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 8:09pm
"Hookin up words and phrases and clauses..."
kristiehoward View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristiehoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 8:55am
Dale,
I hear you can slug back from Rosslyn to 234-- I just started a new job in Rosslyn yesterday and I got a ride. I understand that the pickings are slim right now because no one knows about it-- but we can get it started...

Kristie

quote:
Originally posted by Dale H

Thanks. That is what I thought. I have been slugging from Horner to Rosslyn, but live much closer to the 234 lot.

Pentagon just doesn't work for me.

Dale H

Kristie Howard
234 -- Rosslyn or Pentagon
234/Potomac Mills Patron
Dale H View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 7:13am
Kristie, are you the nice young lady who rode with me and my friend to Horner Road, where we switched to my car and I drove you the rest of the way to 234?

Dale H
sluger2010 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluger2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 6:28pm
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonda_Sluggin_1995

Rt. 234- Dumfries NEEDS TO BE ORGANIZED--Taking too long for pick-up!

Hey Family...

Time to get organized now that the expansion is complete. Let's work together to save everyone time and frustration. Summer heat is coming fast. Not rocket science here...we can follow the model from the Horner Road commuter lot as follows:

Starting on Monday morning, 14 June 2010, please begin to form lines in the designated rows as you drive into the lot. Look for the colored signs.

Flow of traffic...may need some modifications later, but for now,
after slugs climb into the car, bear left to exit the commuter lot as you are currently doing from the Pentagon pick-up.

1st lane. Pentagon pick-up line (near bus stop) Remains unchanged.

2nd lane. ALL Washington DC riders pick-up line. (Note: You should still clarify/negotiate final destination point before entering car.)

3rd lane. Crystal City pick-up lane.

4th lane. Rosslyn pick-up lane.

Should be quick, orderly, and save us all a lot of time, confusion, and morning stress...wait until you get into the office for that.

A fellow DHS slugger and I (driver) plan to have temporary signs put up by Sunday night to get us started.

P.S. OK PEOPLE...Let's be safe and UNSELFISH. SLOW DOWN and BE PATIENT while exiting. It's a change and (some folks...no you of course) will be confused until the new "lot pick-up patterns" are understood and adopted.

Thanks,
Rhonda SJ

SLUGer2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic