Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to this - please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to this - please help
    Posted: 24 Apr 2003 at 2:37pm
Hello,
I am moving to Woodbridge on Monday and will be a driver in search of a slug line. My closest lines to pick up are Old Hechinger and Horner. I will be able to drop off in Rosslyn and/or Crystal City and then pick up in those locations. Could anyone tell me if these lines are marked with who is going to what location? Or do I just simply ask when I get to these lines? I am so new at this so all the info. you can give would help.
Thanks.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2003 at 7:33pm
To Rosslyn or Crystal City, you'll need to go to either Tacketts Mill, Horner, or Potomac Mills. I don't know exactly how the other two work, but the line at Horner you'll want is in the old lot(the only line there).
tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2003 at 1:19pm
As you are probably aware by now, the "Morning" and "Afternoon slug lines" sections of this website give good information regarding pick-up and destination information.

I slug from the Old Hechingers lot. The only destinations are 14th and 18th Streets in DC.

JMJ
jc9 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2003 at 7:30am
If you take 95 to the Horner Rd lot, you will make a right off of Prince William Pkwy into the lot. Stay in the left lane and at the stop sign, you will make a Left and that will put you right in the line to pick up slugs to Rosslyn. (Stay close to the cars parked to your right). It's actually the line for Rosslyn/Pentagon/(not sure if Crystal City, too). When you get to the front of the line, just call out your destination, the folks waiting will know what to do.

At the Rosslyn pick up in the afternoon, If I remember correctly, there are signs posted for which line goes where. I usually pick up at Pentagon, so I'm not too familiar with this spot.

Hope this helps!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic