Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Navy Yard to Horner Rd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eziggy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Navy Yard to Horner Rd
    Posted: 08 May 2003 at 8:25am
Wondering if there is a PM slug line at the Navy Yard going to Woodbridge.

I see on this site where there is a line in the AM going from Horner rd. to the Navy Yard, but there is not one listed for PM going to to Woodbridge.

eziggy3
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2003 at 11:47am
There is a "quasi" line but what is really happening is that the Navy Yard has developed a email group on Yahoo to coordinate rides. Basically, once you join the group, you get emails on when and where rides/slugs are available. You can join the group at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eslug/

It's very active.

Juli View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 3:04pm
Question... I leave Navy Yard about 4pm daily going eventually to Rt630 (but I'll stop anywhere down south) I see people waiting next to the brick wall for a ride. I have to drive towards 395 to get on the Hov. It would be impossible to pick some one up on that side. Maybe it,s not a slug line??? I,m talking about the "M" st gate. Am I making any sense?
billchang2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billchang2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2007 at 9:55am
Trying to start one now that DOT is moving to Navy Yard. How should we go about this??? I joined eslug Yahoo and posted a couple others.
beniblades View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beniblades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2007 at 3:20pm
I would suggest something closer to the Navy Yard. Many sluggers both AM and PM come to/from the Navy Yard and all the way down to 12th street. That would be very inconvenient for both. I would suggest in front of the school on M street. There is a huge no parking zone (On M street) there during school hours, which I believe ends around 3 pm. That is close to the halfway point of M Street and close to the Navy Yard and DOT where the majority of sluggers will be departing from and numerous entrances to 395.
There also is NO bus traffic (School, PRTC, Metro, or other). It is basically a dead section on M Street that has many entrances to 395 and no foot traffic like the metro. Imagine what it will be like trying to get passengers when the Nationals are in town and coming out or in the metro. If we are going to set it up it has to be convenient for the drivers and riders. Just my two cents
billchang2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billchang2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 3:15pm
I could live with the school if it actually worked. Is that 5th St?

I posted on eslug to start using the bus stops for now. Could start at 12th and hit all the Omniride stops at ~3:30, etc. each 1/2 hr until 5:30. How on this???

quote:
Originally posted by beniblades
[br]I would suggest something closer to the Navy Yard. Many sluggers both AM and PM come to/from the Navy Yard and all the way down to 12th street. That would be very inconvenient for both. I would suggest in front of the school on M street. There is a huge no parking zone (On M street) there during school hours, which I believe ends around 3 pm. That is close to the halfway point of M Street and close to the Navy Yard and DOT where the majority of sluggers will be departing from and numerous entrances to 395.
There also is NO bus traffic (School, PRTC, Metro, or other). It is basically a dead section on M Street that has many entrances to 395 and no foot traffic like the metro. Imagine what it will be like trying to get passengers when the Nationals are in town and coming out or in the metro. If we are going to set it up it has to be convenient for the drivers and riders. Just my two cents

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic