Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drinks - OK or not?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usedcarsalesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drinks - OK or not?
    Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 2:47pm
The etiquette and rules page does not specifically mention it, but I have always considered a slug bringing drinks into a car as wrong. I have been on both sides - as a slug I would not bring a drink into someone elses car and as a driver I have asked people not to bring a drink into my vehicle. I did have a passenger once ask, while we were stuck in a traffic standstill, if he could open a bottled water he had in his backpack and that was understandable. I have to clean up enough after my kids spills in the car without having to clean up someones coffee as well - those "spill-proof" cups are only as spill proof as the user makes them. I find it interesting seeing someone get upset when I ask them not to bring coffee into my vehicle...but should I even have to ask???
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 3:16pm
No, you should not have to ask. Bringing food and drink to consume along the way is OK in one's own vehicle and on the VRE - NOT as a slug in someone else's vehicle.
blacksky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacksky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 9:42pm
Drinks and food are NOT ok for a slug to consume in a vehicle without permission. As for VRE, that's just fine, unless you're eating something really loudly in the quiet car
LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 6:48am
quote:
Originally posted by blacksky

Drinks and food are NOT ok for a slug to consume in a vehicle without permission. As for VRE, that's just fine, unless you're eating something really loudly in the quiet car

No chow, no drinks please. [:D]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic