Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rte 17 to Crystal City

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rte 17 to Crystal City
    Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 12:27pm
My office just moved from DC to Crystal City. I know that Crystal City is a destination from Rte 17. What I am wondering is if any/most drivers just ask for Pentagon because they don't think there are many Crystal City riders or not. Would there be any value in me holding a Crystal City" sign? Or do the people who want to drive to Crystal City generally ask for it, and they are as rare as they seem to be (at least at time of day I have been out there - 7:15ish).

Thanks
bwelbornb View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwelbornb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 1:06pm
I would be interested in an answer. I am looking to leave Rt. 17 for Crystal City between 0530 and 0545 and pick up a ride in CC between 1615 and 1630.

I have not slugged before and the message on the Crystal City page that the line may not be operating anymore has me worried.
gatewayslug View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatewayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 8:21am
At first I was not sure what page you were looking at, but when I clicked on the map link for the Crystal City line it came up with the Crystal Park 2 line which I do believe is dead. However, if you click on Crystal City from there you get the map of the quite active 12th and Crystal Drive line. If you click on "Afternoon Slug Lines" from the home page it takes you straight there.

That said, I have not seen anyone in the line trying to get to Rt 17 for quite some time so you may have to go on over to the Pentagon line to get home.
SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 7:31pm
Yes, in terms of getting home, I have just been going to the Pentagon. Rides to Rte 17 are plentiful from there. I work down at 23rd and the thought of schlepping up to 12th in this heat on the off chance I can get a ride is just not worth it. This web site makes it look like it would be very hit or miss to get a ride at 12th.

This morning I walked straight into a car who said he wanted Crystal City! So..... was I just lucky?
bwelbornb View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwelbornb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 12:17pm
You WERE lucky! I waited for 25 minutes. I was told the line was slow this morning. I got there at 0520 and know to get there a tad earlier.

I took a Pentagon ride when offered. I figure, if they offer CC, GREAT, but if a Pentagon offer comes up first, I am taking it.

My first experience this morning was a good one and I am not apprehensive about the ride home, now!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic