Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

14th & G Pickup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Lombardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 14th & G Pickup
    Posted: 15 May 2003 at 9:54am
I am driving down to Fredericksberg on Friday May 16 at 4:00-4:15 and looking for any slugs interested.

Only want slugs that are the last HOV point.

Thanks,
peedee87 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peedee87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2003 at 12:02pm
Hi! I am not sure if you found any riders, but just so you know there are quite a few slug lines with destinations south of the HOV lanes.

There is the Fredericksburg Rt 3 line, Fredericksburg Rt 17, Stafford 610, Stafford 630. They all have their issues. Fredericksburg Rt 3 is great, but primarily goes to the Pentagon. Return rides for sluggers and drivers are super easy. I don't opt for this location, because it is easier for me to get a downtown ride from 610. Fredericksburg 17 is the same, you can go Rosalyn, Crystal City, Pentagon and a few downtown rides. For both 17 and 3 slugging, your best bet for return rides is the Pentagon, again, very very easy. With 610, you have both the old and new lot as pick up and drop off points. The evening rides are L'Enfant Plaza, Pentagon, Rosalyn (I hear its great) and 14th & G. I honestly don't know a lot about 630 to give you an accurate assessment. I've heard that it is slow going, but that was only from a couple of people, so it's really hard to say.

If you ever need a rider, please send me an e-mail tdrake2@lycos.com
I am flexible on the time that I leave and I know a lot of sluggers' office phone numbers/e-mail addresses and could assist you in getting a rider.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic