Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

95 South - Alternate Way to 234 Lot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodybykids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 95 South - Alternate Way to 234 Lot
    Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 8:33am
What a nightmare 95 south was on Friday. As a passenger on the ride home the driver made the decision to get off at Dale Boulevard which is also what I would have done. I and his other passenger suggested he take Dale Boulevard to Benita Fitzgerald to Cardinal Drive to Waterway and cut through Montclair. I told him that if 95 was backed up past DC and PW Parkway that Route 1 was also going to be backed up and I would avoid it. Yes this adds maybe 10 min to the drive but on days like this past Friday its worth it. Well he decided once he hit Cardinal Drive to turn left onto Cardinal which would take us to Route 1. Route 1 was also BACKED UP and barely moving at. I did not comment since I was not the driver. It took us approximately 40-45 minutes to go the 3 miles to the commuter lot. The driver was upset as he had plans set for the evening.

But as the summer ends and people are trying to get their vacations end this might be alternative to being stuck on 95 for hours.
kf519 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kf519 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 10:49am
I unfortunately was in the mess you speak of as well. I normally pick up slugs but decided to try a different route which was flawless until it eventually led me to Rt 1 which, like you said, was beyond backed up. It ended up taking me 3 hours to get to Dumfries! Thanks a lot for the tip about taking Dale Blvd to Benita Fitzgerald, etc. I'm definitely going to make a note of this for future times when I get stuck on the HOV in Woodbridge.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic