Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Afternoon Line @ 14th and Constitution

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsweeney3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Afternoon Line @ 14th and Constitution
    Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 8:23am
Drivers Beware--yesterday (Monday, Aug 23) I was at the slug line at 14th and Constitution between the crosswalk and fire hydrant zone and was cited for blocking a bus zone/parking within 20 feet of a bus zone (I was actually at least 50 feet from bus stop sign, so I plan to fight it). When I had my slugs I was starting to pull out and heard a siren. I turned and an officer sitting behind me waved me to stay. After a few minutes, he approached the car and as I turned to look out the window he reached forward with a slip of paper in his hand, which I took, then he turned and walked away. He never identified himself as an officer, explained the violation, or spoke a single word...so this is just a heds up to others...
springfielddriver8642 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springfielddriver8642 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 2:44pm
the ticketing problem means this location must be moved. The Washington Post had an article asking for location suggestions. See http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/26/AR2010082606229.html

Riders who use this location need to weigh in on selecting a new location. This won't happen on its own, riders need to help drivers find a new location. I think the Madison location east of 14th or the C street suggestion (see the WashPost article map link) are good locations. The Madison site east of 14th won't accomodate many cars waiting. Folks need to help figure this out. I've stopped going to the current location because I won't risk getting a ticket.
springfielddriver8642 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springfielddriver8642 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 2:46pm
Correction, sorry, meant to say the Madison site WEST of 14th won't accomodate many cars waiting.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 1:38pm
I think the slug line for Bob's & RV at 14th & Constitution (near the National Mall) is not impeding traffic. Perhaps some of the PW county lines can combine their lines like the Bob's/RV lines do, less lines faster traffic flow along 14th St.

Back in the 90s, Congressmen James Moran and Stan Parris were very effective in getting the DC cops to stop ticketing the slug lines. Call Mark Warner and Jim Warner's offices. Maybe they have more pull with the DC government than Connolly does.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 9:08am
A correction to my earlier post -- contact Senator James Webb.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic