Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

14th Street Locations -- Spread the Word

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelhauld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 12:00pm
quote:
Originally posted by NO44

Does anyone know if you can turn left onto 15th from I street? Or do I need to pick up slugs at a different location??

quote:
Originally posted by sluDgE

In case you didn't see this from Admin in the "General Slugging Topics" section:

POSTED BY: Admin
Posted - 02 Oct 2010 : 10:50:12
The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is working with Slugs to fix the congestion problems along 14th Street. Basically, they are looking into alternative locations next to 14th Street that will allow drivers to pull over more easily and not stop traffic along the busy 14th street. The initial pilot change they are testing. No other changes will be made until they see if this works.

THE CURRENT SLUG LOCATION AT 14TH ST BETWEEN H ST AND NEW YORK AVE WILL MOVE TO 15TH ST BETWEEN H ST AND NEW YORK AVE ON Wednesday, October 6th, 2010. Passengers can be picked up between 3:30pm and 6:00pm at the new location. DDOT personnel will be on site on October 6th to provide assistance. If you have any questions please contact the District Department of Transportation at (202) 671-0682 or visit www.slug-lines.com for more information.

Here is the flyer: http://www.slug-lines.com/newsletter/14thstreetchange.pdf

They have even created an interactive map to get ideas!! Here is the link to the interactive map from the Washington Post Link. In addition, they have posted a survey to determine how best to address the slugging issue along 14th Street. Click Here or use the URL below to take the survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Ridesharing

If you have comments or suggestions, please post comments on the message board.

Nic

No you cannot! 15th is one way northbound at the I Street intersection. You would need to go one more block west and turn left on Vermont, one block south then turn left again on H Street, one block east and turn right on 15th (which is a two way street south of H). Very inconvenient!
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 12:21pm
That is sooooo annoying!

quote:
Originally posted by keelhauld

quote:
Originally posted by NO44

Does anyone know if you can turn left onto 15th from I street? Or do I need to pick up slugs at a different location??

quote:
Originally posted by sluDgE

In case you didn't see this from Admin in the "General Slugging Topics" section:

POSTED BY: Admin
Posted - 02 Oct 2010 : 10:50:12
The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is working with Slugs to fix the congestion problems along 14th Street. Basically, they are looking into alternative locations next to 14th Street that will allow drivers to pull over more easily and not stop traffic along the busy 14th street. The initial pilot change they are testing. No other changes will be made until they see if this works.

THE CURRENT SLUG LOCATION AT 14TH ST BETWEEN H ST AND NEW YORK AVE WILL MOVE TO 15TH ST BETWEEN H ST AND NEW YORK AVE ON Wednesday, October 6th, 2010. Passengers can be picked up between 3:30pm and 6:00pm at the new location. DDOT personnel will be on site on October 6th to provide assistance. If you have any questions please contact the District Department of Transportation at (202) 671-0682 or visit www.slug-lines.com for more information.

Here is the flyer: http://www.slug-lines.com/newsletter/14thstreetchange.pdf

They have even created an interactive map to get ideas!! Here is the link to the interactive map from the Washington Post Link. In addition, they have posted a survey to determine how best to address the slugging issue along 14th Street. Click Here or use the URL below to take the survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Ridesharing

If you have comments or suggestions, please post comments on the message board.

Nic

No you cannot! 15th is one way northbound at the I Street intersection. You would need to go one more block west and turn left on Vermont, one block south then turn left again on H Street, one block east and turn right on 15th (which is a two way street south of H). Very inconvenient!

Nic
keelhauld View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelhauld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 6:53pm
quote:
Originally posted by snlfam

quote:
Originally posted by WoodbridgeVa1

Trying to move the slug lines away from the bus lines is a recipe for disaster. Whoever came up with this idea either does not understand how slugging works at the 14th street site or is deliberately trying to destroy slugging at that location. We need to oppose this quickly, vocally and often. I am contacting my elected officials tonight with a simple message -- move both bus route and slug line or move neither. Actually, if they move the bus line (which they should) the slug line will move of its own accord.

WoodbridgeVa1

This link http://www.prtctransit.org/about-us/commissioners.php will take you to a page on the PRTC web site that lists all of the PRTC commissioners and contact info. I realize we are not talking about PRTC here but the elected officials on this body are the same ones you would contact about other commuter issues. Additionally this does have the potential to affect PRTC ridership.
Does anyone know which elected officials we need to contact about this? I have a feeling DC elected officials could care less about what I have to say because I live in Virginia. Are there elected officials in Virginia who have been involved with these proposed changes?

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 8:59am
If you have feedback and/or suggestions on the changes to the 14th & NY line, please use the thread at:

http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11570
Fran59 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fran59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 4:15pm
They need to move the buses too. not just the slug lines....
Woodbridge55 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woodbridge55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 4:02pm
Interesting meeting today, at least DDOT listened. A move onto New York Ave between 14th & 15th would work if they move the Commerce Bldg lines around the corner onto Penn near the White House visitor center. This will allow the PRTC buses to travel down 15th Street with two pick up points. One at 15th and NY and the other on Penn near the White House Center. Then they could get back onto 14th Street and continue down to the last stop on 14th. This would mean that the other DaleCity/Lake Ridge bus riders and sluggers on 14th St. would have to go to one of the two new locations. This would also cause slug drivers to pick up at the two locations off 14th St. and still allow the vehicles to get back onto 14th St. This would prevent slug drivers and D and L PRTC busses from stopping on 14th St. DDOT would have to post the pick up points for busses and slug use from 3 - 6:30 PM. The NX-1 and NX-2 could use the same route too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic