Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Where's the HOV Enforcement? Where to complain?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where's the HOV Enforcement? Where to complain?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndsunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where's the HOV Enforcement? Where to complain?
    Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 4:34pm
My morning commute for the last week have been terrible because every third car (unscientifically) on the HOV is NOT HOV which backs up traffic. It seems like without visible enforcement, people will game the system. Annoying for me who goes out of my way to follow the rules for the benefit. It seems like picking off violators is easy money for the state so why aren't there more enforcers out in the morning? How do I complain about this?
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 4:10pm
VA State police
http://www.vsp.state.va.us/

VDOT
http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/hov-novaemail.asp

Or call and write your State Delegate, Senator, and Governor.
keelhauld View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelhauld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 12:08am
quote:
Originally posted by 2ndsunshine

My morning commute for the last week have been terrible because every third car (unscientifically) on the HOV is NOT HOV which backs up traffic. It seems like without visible enforcement, people will game the system. Annoying for me who goes out of my way to follow the rules for the benefit. It seems like picking off violators is easy money for the state so why aren't there more enforcers out in the morning? How do I complain about this?

There is actually an entire taskforce dedicated to policing HOV and they do a credible job. If you want to complain to someone complain to your state representatives and senators about more funding for State Police manpower and increasing the fine for first offenders. Also ask for an HOV violator reporting program. The State of Washington has a program where drivers can report onesies via an 800 number or online. So next time you see a Trooper with a onesie pulled over, give them a honk and a wave.[:D] And the next time you see a onesie motoring down the HOV, give them a dirty look![:(!]....just make sure they aren't a plated hybrid!
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 10:45am
quote:
Originally posted by keelhauldAnd the next time you see a onesie motoring down the HOV, give them a dirty look![:(!]....just make sure they aren't a plated hybrid!

I give them a little more than just a dirty look.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 3:27pm
I ca't stand when they drive slow in the fast lane to stay side by side a car in the slow lane so they are not spotted! MOVE!!!!!!!![:(!]
quote:
Originally posted by Pele

quote:
Originally posted by keelhauldAnd the next time you see a onesie motoring down the HOV, give them a dirty look![:(!]....just make sure they aren't a plated hybrid!

I give them a little more than just a dirty look.

Times to beat:

Nic
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 2:23pm
After ranting to some riders the other morning and counting 18 cheaters on our ride from OKM to L'Enfant, i wrote to VA STate police. Here was the non-response response. They whine about resources, however, I am pretty sure an officer working the ramps of HOV every morning at the pentegon could pay her own salary and about a donzen more officers salaries for a month of work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Cox, Jr., Russell K. (Bud)" <Bud.Cox@vsp.virginia.gov>
To: tim_@yahoo.com
Cc: "BFO, Division 7" <VSPDiv7@vsp.virginia.gov>
Sent: Wed, October 6, 2010 8:13:16 AM
Subject: RE: HOV Enforcement on I-395 and I-95

Dear Mr. :
Lieutenant Colonel E.A. Stockton, Director of the Bureau of Field Operations for the Virginia State Police has asked me to thank you for and respond to e-mail of October 5, 2010, regarding HOV violators and enforcement.

We certainly understand your concerns regarding those motorists who flagrantly violate the HOV lane restrictions.

It may interest you to know that during 2009, troopers issued 26,221 summonses for HOV violations. You may be assured that we will continue to address the problems you identified and ensure our available resources are effectively and efficiently utilized.

There are approximately 950 troopers who have patrol responsibility for 95 counties and nearly 65,000 miles of highway in the Commonwealth of Virginia. A manpower allocation study recently completed indicates that approximately 350 additional troopers are needed to provide the professional level of service expected of the Virginia State Police.

Please be assured we are using every resource we have available to effectively address these violations on our roads and enforce the other laws we are charged with enforcing.

I am also forwarding a copy of your e-mail to Captain T.S. Russillo our Division Commander in Fairfax for her information and attention to the problems you identified.

Thank you for your concern for highway safety.

Bud Cox
Business Manager
Virginia State Police
804-674-2127
Bud.Cox@vsp.virginia.gov

Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 9:09pm
Captain T.S. Russillo our Division Commander in Fairfax

BAM! there's your answer folks...
Let's flood someones mailbox!

Times to beat:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic