Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

construction in Rosslyn and AM drop-off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote testarossaesq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: construction in Rosslyn and AM drop-off
    Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 9:30am
I received a notice from our admin office forwarding a notice from Arlington Transportation Partners dated 9/22/10 that beginning this month, the Rosslyn metrorail Station Access Improvement Project is going to begin and last 3 years. One of the disruptions they note is:

"North Moore Street will be one way southbound and limited to local transit and construction traffic."

Which means that for those of us who travel up Wilson Blvd and turn right (aka North) on to North Moore St. to drop off riders in front of the Rosslyn metro will no longer be able to do that.

I called Arlington Community Relations and left a message asking what they are planning to do about all of us who drop off riders there, but no response yet. Is anyone aware of this and if Arlington intends to come up with an alternative drop-off for us in the morning?

Thanks very much.

TestarossaEsq
Rae View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 8:35am
It seems to me that if the road is still open in one direction we can still use the road. Instead of turning right onto N. Moore from Wilson, we can make a right onto N. Lynn street, make the first left onto 19th and then left onto N. Moore. This will put us in the correct direction going down that road. HOWEVER, Arlington might not want us to do that. If anyone hears what it is that they'd like us to do I'd like to hear.

Rae

Rae
pcr29 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcr29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 2:03pm
sounds like a plan, except when you end up on Lynn street with all the nightmare/traffic going to georgetown, i think communication is the key before getting in someones car, ask how far are they going on wilson, are you willing to walk if they drop you before lynn st? in the first light? by safeway if the driver goes farther on wilson?
is just so unfair for the driver also, remember we are helping each other and is not a door-to-door service [;)]
i dont drive everyday but also i dont NEED to go to metro either, [;)]
Rae View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 3:27pm
This morning I dropped off just as I intended- going the correct direction in front of the metro. It apparently wasn't a good idea- the metro person started yelling at me that I "couldn't stop there" and "don't you see the signs"... well, no, it was very dark and raining, I didn't see any sign that said I couldn't stop there.

I'm really looking for whatever Arlington County suggests we should do- but I can't find anything online.

Rae
Dale H View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 7:39am
Since this started I have been dropped off at Wilson and Moore, Wilson and Lynn, at the walkway on Lynn halfway down the block, and in front of The Metro station. The only one I really have a problem with is the walkway, where you have to exit the car on the traffic side.

While standing at the Metro waiting for my bus into Georgetown, the only drivers I have seen get yelled at are the ones who park at the bus stops.

Looks like we are going to have to figure this out ourselves.

Dale H
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic