Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

14th Steet Changes Feedback/Suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurenmb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 10:12am
I have to say, quite frankly I am sick of PRTC rolling over and DDOT pushing us around. I think the move to 15th street sucks. Anytime there is ANYTHING at the White House we are all screwed.

Outside of DDOT claiming that the traffic is the reason for the move, does anyone know of any other "problems" that may have generated the interest in shuffling us around? I would be interested in having PRTC conduct a report after the buses move to 15th to asses the impact and go the the city/our Reps to intervene.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 10:28am
DDOT Announces Delay in 14th Street Changes - As of January 5th, per a DDOT communication, the planned DDOT location changes in the District (14th Street) will be postponed until further notice. It is anticipated that changes will take place by Spring. Any changes will be publicized by DDOT. More information will be provided as it become available.
fed up View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 1:19pm
I just saw the proposed changes and I think that a number of these changes will make the system worse than it already is, specifically moving 14th & Independence to 13th & C. This stop is at least a five minute walk from the closest Omniride bus stop so an either/or approach would not work for this stop. Not only that, it is not in a very driver convenient area. There are many times when C Street (which is only two blocks long) is backed up and it can take anywhere from 5 - 10 minutes just to get through the light. Not a good suggested change in my opinion.
snlfam View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snlfam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 3:07pm
After speaking with the DDOT representatives who have been assigned this slugging project, they informed me that there is a statute(?) in DC that states that during rush hours, drivers on primary commuting routes (ex. 14th street) are not allowed to impede traffic (ex. stopping to pick up passengers).

I inquired about the details on this statute (exemptions for buses, taxis, etc.), but they were unclear with the details. Does anyone know which law/statute/ordinance they are reffering to?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic