Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Displaced 14th & NY Location

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Displaced 14th & NY Location
    Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 10:06am
Is anyone unhappy with the new location? I want to hear from some drivers. Is it more inconvienant to get 15th & NY than the old 14th street location? I always assumed that most drivers were to the East of 14th St since 9 of 10 times they turn East after they drop off in the morning. If this is true drivers now need to take I St (W) to 16th St (S) to H St (E) to 15th street since 15th street is one way (north)above H st and H st is one way (east).
Also, drivers dont drive everyday and slugs dont slug everyday. How long will they continue to educate drivers and riders that the location has moved?

Are there slugs out there concerned with the distance to the nearest bus stop? If you were in line at the new location could you see your bus make the turn onto H St and have time to get to the 14th & NY bus stop?

Who were the masterminds behind the move? How would we express or concerns with the new location? Did they consider moving the bus stops?

I am a little hesitant to embrace the new location. My main concern is that we will lose drivers. I do not know if the new location needs to be change from 15th and H. If it needs to move it should be done so soon.

Salty View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 10:18am
It seems that the thread below would have been a more appropriate place to express my thoughts:

http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11570
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic