Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sydenstricker and Gambrill Rd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R_Dubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sydenstricker and Gambrill Rd
    Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 3:33pm
Good Afternoon,

I'm new to the area and I'm still learning about this fantastic method of commuting called slugging. My commute is from Sydenstricker to the Pentagon. Tomorrow will mark the end to my first week as a slug and it has worked out very well. The only complaint that I have is that the commuter lot at Sydenstricker seems to be full by 7:00am every morning. On the days when all the spots are gone, I park at the commuter lot off Gambrill Rd and walk back over to Sydenstricker. Now that you have my complete slugging bio, I have a few questions:

Do drivers pick up riders at the Gambrill Rd lot?

If not, has there been a proposal to start a line from that location as well?(not trying to start a turf war here, just asking an innocent question [:)])

Are commuters allowed to park along Hooes Rd?

Thanks to all who respond!

smithma View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 6:51pm
R_Dubya:

Yes, cars park along Hooes and in the lot of the little red school house just down from the main lot.

There was a proposal previously to move the line to Gambrill after 7am or so, but it has never taken.
R_Dubya View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R_Dubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 9:06am
Smithma,

Thanks for the reply. Great to know that we can park in the school house lot. Working out perfectly. Thanks again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic