Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pentagon Slug Lines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voriah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentagon Slug Lines
    Posted: 22 May 2003 at 7:39am
I don't want to keep coming here and complaining, but I do have another. We pick up for Tackets at the Pentagon. They are doing so much construction and moving things around sometimes it is hard to get to the slugs. Anyway, we waited in line for about 10 mins. Not a big deal, and from the other side a Honda Accord, Black probably a 98 or so cuts in line...infront of about 10 others!!! I was so mad![:(!]

I just wanted to post that we all want to go home as quick as possible....but not following the rules and waiting your turn is just not fair to all the others who are. It is very elementary school "cutting in line"

Please be respectfull of others.
gg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2003 at 8:26am
I hear your frustration because the Pentagon pick-up area (where it used to be an island of destination signs) really is screwed up. No one with Pentagon WHS/Construction renovation/DPS or whoever wants to be helpful[:(!]. I think the slug lines are making the best of the situation, but at times you can't quite make out which line is which. Additionally, if the slugs lines are long, cars can get really close to people -- I'm sure when someone gets hit by a car, then the WHS/Construction renovation/DPS or whoever will do something.

As for the line for cars (and back to your topic, sorry[:I]) it really is inefficient overall but I haven't noticed any cheating at the pick up area. Now, there are cheaters in the parking lot area calling out to slugs, but I just ignore them or point to the pick up area. Some inconsiderate (to put it mildly) slugs jump into the cars and if I see it, I will tell them where the pickup area is located but they won't respond but just ignore me. I'm not sure how the Accord could have cut in front of 10 cars without it being very obvious. Often times, when there are multiple cars headed for the same destination, the slugs will point out which car was there first. So, please elaborate.

gg
voriah View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voriah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2003 at 10:27am
To elaborate as best as I can.... the lines start from the entrance of one parking lane. You have to enter it by driving on the street closest to the highway. That is where the line is. The Honda entered the line by coming from the street closest to the building (where you drive to drop off) there is an opening there and when you enter through there it puts you right at the fence where the slug lines are (for Tackets, 234, horner, etc) I am not sure if that makes any sense. Usually at the Pentagon people are pretty curtious, and seem to try to wait their turns. This guy was noticed by more than just myself, he was also noticed by slugs who didn't get in the car becuase he cheated and he was noticed by other cars who tried to pull up an not let him in.

gg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2003 at 10:54am
Yes, that makes perfect sense, I know exactly the area that you've described[:)]. It's good to know that he was shunned by people. Thanks for the elaboration [;)].

gg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic