Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is goingon at Sydnestryker?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spectrepilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is goingon at Sydnestryker?
    Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 1:28pm
Been using the lot for years and over the past two weeks have seen a sudden increase in SLUGs. The lot usually fills by 0700, but now the Community Center and parking down Hoos road is also packed by 0700. In the past if you arrived after 0700 there were usually cars waiting, now there is a huge line of SLUGs until almost 0725.

I know school is back in session, but have never seen this lot so busy.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 5:23pm
One thought ... Haven't gasoline prices gone up a bunch in the past 2 or 3 weeks? That may cause more people to slug rather than drive. [B)] Wasn't that the situation when gas went up to $4 a gallon a few years back?
learn2shoot View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote learn2shoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 11:05pm
I just started slugging from Sydenstricker, gas prices had nothing to do with my decision. Reason I started was due to car trouble, which caused me to see that it was easier, quicker and cheaper than driving to the Springfield Metro.
edward View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 9:04pm
I'm going to be starting slugging from Sydenstricker on Monday. (Transit subsidy is going way down, so I'm looking to save $$ by slugging a few times a week - May be others in the same boat.) I normally get off around 3:00 or 3:30pm at the Pentagon. Is there a pretty good stream of drivers heading back to this lot at the beginning of the HOV time?

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic