Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst slug story in history

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug123456789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 1:26pm
quote:

If slug got out on side, why was he in front when driver obviously had to look left and back to reenter traffic. There is a big old tag on rear of every vehicle.

Remember recently when a woman accused someone of throwing acid in her face. Upset me to no ends. Turned out the woman threw the acid into her own face. Be careful about accepting allegations as the full truth.

Have you even read the original post? If you had you would know why the slug was in front of the car. And it's not like the driver had his head turned away when he hit the guy. The passenger door was open for heaven sake, where was he going to drive off to? Frankly, I cannot understand why people are not letting go of the fact that the man was in front of the car. It doesn't really matter. I think it was bad judgement on the slugs part but, hello, hindsight. The driver of the car hit the man on purpose and that was totally wrong. He (the driver) is going to get his day in court and the outcome will likely be posted on the internet. The injured party will also be in court that day to testify (at least he should be) and his side of the story will come out along with the 2nd slugs testimony.

This is all about common courtesy and the age old golden rule: treat others as you wish to be treated (may not be quoted exactly right but you get the point). Slugs and drivers should not treat each other like dirt but with respect. We are all professionals here, right? I would think most of us have been around long enough to have matured past the "playground" way of thinking.

Oh, completely forgot about the acid in the face. Let's not start something new. Liars exist, we know this so let's not take that one example of falseness into this discussion of a true event. Thank you.

Jim Hall View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 1:50pm
quote:
Originally posted by slug123456789

If slug got out on side, why was he in front when driver obviously had to look left and back to reenter traffic. There is a big old tag on rear of every vehicle.

Remember recently when a woman accused someone of throwing acid in her face. Upset me to no ends. Turned out the woman threw the acid into her own face. Be careful about accepting allegations as the full truth.

Have you even read the original post? If you had you would know why the slug was in front of the car. And it's not like the driver had his head turned away when he hit the guy. The passenger door was open for heaven sake, where was he going to drive off to? Frankly, I cannot understand why people are not letting go of the fact that the man was in front of the car. It doesn't really matter. I think it was bad judgement on the slugs part but, hello, hindsight. The driver of the car hit the man on purpose and that was totally wrong. He (the driver) is going to get his day in court and the outcome will likely be posted on the internet. The injured party will also be in court that day to testify (at least he should be) and his side of the story will come out along with the 2nd slugs testimony.

This is all about common courtesy and the age old golden rule: treat others as you wish to be treated (may not be quoted exactly right but you get the point). Slugs and drivers should not treat each other like dirt but with respect. We are all professionals here, right? I would think most of us have been around long enough to have matured past the "playground" way of thinking.

Oh, completely forgot about the acid in the face. Let's not start something new. Liars exist, we know this so let's not take that one example of falseness into this discussion of a true event. Thank you.

You are a dump a-- as well, none of you were there and no one has heard the other side of the story.
shorty5646 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty5646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 1:50pm
quote:
You appear to have made assumptions that original poster comments are true. We only know from police reports that a car driven by the arrested driver hurt a commuter.

We only know a version of the event as presented by TMCC. We don’t know if his version is fact or fiction. He can explain the loose ends or let us present our analysis of what we heard or read.

What does he mean when he say driver swerved around a Prius going about the speed limit? He is riding in a fast smooth powerful vehicle and only got concerned when it passed a Prius. Two drifferent classes of vehicles on same lane. But, prior to the swerve he was not concerned enough to look up from his phone game. Get real.

What is the meaning of belligerent? I did not get it in his description of a response from driver.

Some are only looking at this from slug point of view. Us DRIVERS are also concerned with being accused such as this. I have read nothing to warrant pictures or any report to any official prior to the accident. If slug got out on side, why was he in front when driver obviously had to look left and back to reenter traffic. There is a big old tag on rear of every vehicle.

As a driver, you are responsible for driving safely and responsibly - not just for your own safety or that of your slugs, but also for the safety of those who share the road with you.

If you follow the rules of the road, then you as a driver shouldn't really have anything to worry about. Of course, there may be exceptions to that, but I find it hard to believe any reasonable slug would accuse any reasonable driver of anything without just cause.

You have absolutely no direct involvement with this situation, nor do I. You read it on this website, or in the news, as we all did. Apparently, you relate to the driver here because you also driver. Besides that, I don't really understand your concern. You are afraid of being wrongly accused of running someone over? If this is something you are genuinely worried about, maybe you should reconsider picking up slugs.

According to tmcc and the police report, the front seat passenger exited the vehicle and stepped to the front to take a photograph - I assume he was doing so in order to report him to the police, but maybe he had other reasons. Perhaps stepping in front of the car wasn't the smartest thing to do. Regardless, the driver committed a crime by assaulting him with his vehicle. That's why police were called.

And the police clearly had reason to believe this driver did something wrong, because he was arrested and then held without bail.

My point is that NONE of us were there, so NONE of us know the details. Now I could be wrong, but I don't believe tmcc meant any harm in sharing this story. I can only imagine how horrible it must have been to witness those events and see a person become injured while simply trying to get to work, like the rest of us. You can sit there, interrogating the original poster about his/her version of what happened. That's your choice. I just hope the victim will be OK, and that everyone learns a lesson from this unfortunate incident.

I read somewhere that the driver has since been released and faces a preliminary hearing on Dec. 6th. Hopefully, we will learn more then, as I am very interested to see how this turns out.
slug123456789 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug123456789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 2:10pm
quote:

You are a dump a-- as well, none of you were there and no one has heard the other side of the story.

What other side? He ran the guy over with his car! What else do we need to know? Why did he run him over with his car? Well, he has some issues. Beyond that, the courts will decide.
Marge Thompson View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marge Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 11:56am
It was all over the news, people don't pay attention.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic