Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slug on Veteran's Day?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woowade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slug on Veteran's Day?
    Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 11:37pm
I know that Veteran's Day is a day that the Federal Government takes off but not for some of us who works in the private sector. It's tough to get a slug ride on hoildays. Anyone planning to drive into DC on Veteran's Day? Please let me know.

I usually take the VRE but VRE is closed on Veteran's Day. I live in Manassas Park but I could go to Centreville, Springfield or Patomac Mills to catch a ride if need be.
slug123456789 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug123456789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 9:32am
Suggest you take the bus. I understand the HOV will be open to all. However, with it being a holiday, traffic in the main lines should be light and hardly any congestion, you might be better off driving. Or go into springfield metro and go in to work that way. I feel for you trust me. I hate having to get to work on holidays.
Blondigrl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondigrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 3:58pm
If the HOV is open to all that day, and you happen to work anywhere near the Kennedy Center, daily parking there is $9, if you're in by 10 am and out before 7 pm, otherwise you will be charged $18. I believe you have to enter through the back though in lot C. Lot A and front across from Watergate is for employees only. Watergate has two lots too, $15 flat for daily and the other $16 flat for daily. Good luck!
woowade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woowade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 7:49pm
Decided to drive to work since there are no meter fees in DC. A coworker of mine will be carpooling with me. Thanks for your replies.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic