Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why Topic: Worst Slug Story In History Stopped?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why Topic: Worst Slug Story In History Stopped?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Topic: Worst Slug Story In History Stopped?
    Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 10:17am
^

I doubt he has any reason to drive to Crystal City any more.

The Bio page on his (former?) employer's web site is blank now.
http://binary-consulting.com/g_mckinney.php

Used to have a whole bunch of his accomplishments and how he was a motivational speaker and such...

Was originally in one of the first pages of the original thread:
http://slug-lines.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11763

Maybe he was in a big hurry to clean out his desk.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 8:52am
I wonder if I rode with this guy recently. Silver Mercedes, VA plates KFP-1478. Drove 90 mph (didn't bother me as an S-class Mercedes will handle 90 without issue, and the road was clear when he did it). Switched lanes every 20 seconds. Spent more time fiddling with his iPhone (which was his music source) than paying attention to the road. Smoker (you could smell it, and see the ashes on the A pillar of the car). Set the climate control to 59 degrees (I would have frozen to death if I was sitting in the front).

Seemed nice, pleasant demeanor....but his driving skills.....whew!
rosslynguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosslynguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 4:44pm
WTOP reported yesterday afternoon that at McKinney's preliminary hearing in Arlington County District Court, Judge Thomas Kelley denied a motion to reduce the charge and ruled the evidence was sufficient to sent this case to trial.

McKinney is still free on bond and his next court appearance is set for April 21.

The testimony of the victim taken under oath is interesting reading and reported on WTOP's web site: http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2333267
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 9:00am
quote:
Originally posted by Pele

^

His story is gonna consist of a very large check given to his attorney and the matter will be closed...

Justice is given to those that can afford it.

Cynical - but true. [:)]
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 7:48am
^

His story is gonna consist of a very large check given to his attorney and the matter will be closed...

Justice is given to those that can afford it.

Times to beat:
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 2:53pm
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by mycroftt

quote:
There is ZERO excuse for hitting a stationary object such as a person standing in front of your car.
-Ice on the ground and you tried to stop but slid? No excuse.
-Brakes failed or steering wheel came off and you couldn't control the car? No excuse.
-Had a heart attack or seizure and blacked out behind the wheel? No excuse.

Some guy deliberately jumps out in front of you while pointing an unknown object at you? Possibly an excuse.

People's stance when firing a gun and taking a picture are vastly different. Something that one might know as Master Sargent or whatever his rank is/was...

Yeah - agreed. I was thinking along the lines of what kind of story he is likely to give to the court, à la "I don't know what happened. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him jump in front of my car and raise an object and point it at me. I knew he was pissed off and I had to get out of there fast. I must have panicked and hit the gas..."
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 2:10pm
quote:
Originally posted by mycroftt

quote:
There is ZERO excuse for hitting a stationary object such as a person standing in front of your car.
-Brakes failed or steering wheel came off and you couldn't control the car? No excuse.

Some guy deliberately jumps out in front of you while pointing an unknown object at you? Possibly an excuse.

People's stance when firing a gun and taking a picture are vastly different. Something that one might know as Master Sargent or whatever his rank is/was...

quote:
Originally posted by AngloAustrian

So no one makes mistakes in America? Wow, you're pretty intense. Hope you're not a parent or a boss. The death penalty?!!!

Whoops, accidentally shot someone... Guess I should get a mulligan since it was a mistake.

Times to beat:
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 9:31am
quote:

AngloAustrian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngloAustrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 10:16am
So no one makes mistakes in America? Wow, you're pretty intense. Hope you're not a parent or a boss. The death penalty?!!!
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 8:35am
Mr. AngloAustrian:

I'm not sure how they do it over in Austria, but here in America we look in FRONT of our cars before driving. In the case of pulling out into traffic, you look forward, look back, and then use a combination of quick glances and your MIRRORS to find the gap in traffic.

You are responsible for the safe operation of your motor vehicle. This is an agreement you signed at the DMV when you earned the PRIVILEGE of getting a driver's license.

Safe operation includes insuring all components of the vehicle are in sound mechanical operation. That includes the driver... Just as you wouldn't use brakes that were not working correctly. If the driver has any sort of defect, either health related difficulties or the inability to control their emotions as Mr. McKinney demonstrated, then they SHOULD NOT BE DRIVING.

No doubt this guy can afford a good lawyer and our justice system is a complete piece of ****. so he probably won't get the penalty I think he should get. (Death for attempted murder.) But he should damn well be banished to riding the bus for the rest of his miserable life.

Times to beat:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic