Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bob's / Circuit City Drop Off Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jundukee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bob's / Circuit City Drop Off Question
    Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 3:10pm
I'm new to slugging and recently I picked up sluggers to go Bob's. Is it customary for the driver to drop off on the Kmart/Wachovia side for people to get off? The passengers had to cross old keene mill to the circuity city side on their own. Wasn't sure if thats normal practice of the passengers were being nice. Either way it worked out for me as I go down old keene mill toward Burke. Thanks.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 3:32pm
It HAS been customary to drop off riders in the lot between the bank and K-Mart. How that plays out with the new parking availability in the former Circuit City lot remains to be seen. I'd guess slugs can walk to their cars if parked there.

That said, if you're heading down OKM to Burke, how about considering Rolling Valley as a drop off?

Thanks.
jundukee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jundukee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 4:43pm
Thanks, generally I do pick up and drop off at Rolling Valley. The reason for the question was b/c the other day, I stopped to pick up at 14th and Const but no one wanted to go to rolling valley. Apparently I had just missed the rush and there were a few waiting for Bob's. I didn't know the rules for drop off at Bob's so hence the posting. Thanks!
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 9:31am
When I used to drive to Bob's, I'd ask the slugs which side they were on. If both were on the CC side then I'd just hang a U turn and drop them off (since I needed to get back to Backlick anyway).

If not, then I'd drop off at the usual spot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic