Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

After 6pm ride to Stafford (mine rd/630)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgrein9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: After 6pm ride to Stafford (mine rd/630)
    Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 3:28pm
I will need to slug back from DC (ideally the Pentagon, but I can meet rides anywhere) to Stafford between 5:30 and 7pm. Is this a possibility?
shorty5646 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty5646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 3:42pm
Although I can't speak for the Stafford lines (I go to Potomac Mills or Tackett's Mill in Woodbridge), there generally seem to be rides available on all lines at the Pentagon until 6pm, when HOV opens up. After 6pm, I don't believe you'll have much luck, unless you coordinate a regular ride.

Good luck!
jab27231 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jab27231 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 9:45pm
Did you ever find a ride? I'm having the same issue because I don't get off until 6, but would have a ride in the morning, just not in the afternoon after 6.
AngloAustrian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngloAustrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 2:59pm
I slug to and from Crystal City. If I don't get a ride by 6:00 p.m., I often walk to the Pentagon. I have always gotten a ride, even as late as 9:00 p.m., although there have been some long waits at that time! (The 9:00 p.m. ride was because I worked late, not because I was waiting from 6:00 p.m.!) The lines at the Pentagon usually operate until about 6:00 p.m., and when they slow down, people walk out of the parking lot and stand on the road holding a sign (so make sure you have your sign ready!)

You should get a ride fairly easily up until 6:00 p.m. but then afterwards you're at the mercy of kind hearted drivers who stop anyway. I would say give it a try for a week and you'll see how it works. You will probably have to wait an average of 15 minutes or so, is my guestimate, if you try and catch a ride after 6:00 p.m. But, it's slugging, and there is no real rule and every day is different! But, as I say, I have always had a ride.

Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic