Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lorton slug lines?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lorton slug lines?
    Posted: 10 Jun 2003 at 10:16am
Can someone tell me where exactly the Lorton slug lines are? I have looked at the Amtrak Auto Train and the Park and Ride across the street, but these areas are pretty empty. Am I totally in the wrong place? Or am I too late? I leave around 7:50 am looking for passengers to the Pentagon. Anyone need a ride?

Thanks. I am getting desperate to use the HOV lanes...
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2003 at 9:37am
Andrew,
The Lorton lines have been on again-off again. I have reports that people use this line regularly but I ask that a current user post the details.

Another option is, to drive south to Horner or Old Hechinger's to pick up a slug and then get on the HOV. I know this sounds dumb to drive south, but the 10 minute drive south will actually save you time if you have to drive I95.

Any Lorton line users? Please provide input!!
AndresX View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndresX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2003 at 8:04am
I slug from Lorton at least 3 out of 5 days. The slug line that I know about is located at the Lorton, VRE train station. I get there as early as 6.45am and sometimes there are drivers. I don't know about 7.50am, but it is my decent guess there are more passengers and drivers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic