Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Let's start a new slug line from Dale City lot !!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Let's start a new slug line from Dale City lot !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 8:45am
quote:
Originally posted by ktzmom13

I would prefer using the Dale City lot. I work 9:30 - 6 at 18th & I - I usually don't go in until 8:20/8:30 a.m. My daughter used to drop me off at Pot. Mills - could always get a ride at 8:30 a.m. Have been driving every day for the past 2 months; will start slugging again w/ occasional driving although I may wait to see how late rides and riders are available next week.

Do you usually drive slugs home at 6 when you leave? I know the HOV is open at that point - but one of my main challenges with slugging is that a lot of times - my meetings don't end in time for me to be in line at 19th and I by 5:15.

Does anyone else have this issue? (slugging fine in the morning but find it challenging to get a ride back to the Horner / Dale City / 123 lots)
Rose14507 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose14507 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 12:32pm
What time do you leave Dale City lot?

I would be interested in going to 14th and Penn or NY from there, and coming back in teh afternoon.. if we can get enough people

Robert Willis
dizzykat22192 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizzykat22192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 10:03am
Old Hechinger's was a mess this morning - I believe I got the last spot at 8:15. I'm very willing to use Dale City as I live right around the corner - not sure why we wait until there is a crises but maybe something good will come of this - LINES AT EVERY LOT!! In some cases it's not only the destination but the timing as well. If the 123 Lot (down the hill) was used after 8:00/8:15 that would take care of overflow from Old Hechingers - just a thought.
Brenfromva View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenfromva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 12:20pm
We need to get the 14th/18th street slugs to go over to the Dale City lot. I would much rather pick up there than drive over to the old Hechinger lot and sit in the traffic on Minnieville. It's making me evil [}:)] Anyway we can this going?? I'd also be willing to pick up for that lot in the evenings if a line got started at 19th and I, next to the PM and Horner lines.
Rose14507 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose14507 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 12:33pm

quote:
Originally posted by Brenfromva

We need to get the 14th/18th street slugs to go over to the Dale City lot. I would much rather pick up there than drive over to the old Hechinger lot and sit in the traffic on Minnieville. It's making me evil [}:)] Anyway we can this going?? I'd also be willing to pick up for that lot in the evenings if a line got started at 19th and I, next to the PM and Horner lines.

ktzmom13 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktzmom13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 2:16pm
I would go to Dale City for 18th Street - however, I don't have to be at work until 9:30 am. I can take the bus home - how late are drivers/riders at Dale City lot in the morning?
Brenfromva View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenfromva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 11:28am
Hi Rose, I have been getting to the Old Hechingers lot by 7:25. If a line could get started at DC, I'd much rather go over there; it would be about the same time.

Brenda

Originally posted by Rose14507

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic