Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

610 Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 610 Question
    Posted: 12 Jun 2003 at 2:09pm
I am going to be slugging from 610 starting Monday for two weeks and I had some questions in regards to the old lot vs the new lot. Can you still get rides to 14th street from the old lot? If so, what is the latest? I will probably be there around 7:15-7:30, is there still parking there? Thanks!
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2003 at 8:38am
Unfortunately, the old lot's legal spaces seem to fill up by about 7:00. There is the small lot across the street that you could try (I can't say when it's filled though). People also seem to enjoy getting creative and making up their own spots along the shoulders and in the yellow "don't park" spaces, however, you risk a ticket if you do that. Also, I think some people park in what was that old Amoco(?) station, but I'm not sure if that is still used or even legal. The exception is Thursdays and Fridays when there seems to be more people driving. Good luck to ya!
tondalea View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2003 at 1:36pm
Thanks. I actually drove in yesterday and picked up from the new lot and was able to slug from 17 today, but I will see how things work out tomorrow.
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2003 at 4:42pm
So how are things going for you?
tondalea View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2003 at 3:19pm
Arbo,

Things worked out very well this week. I have been getting to the new lot at around 7:15-7:30 and it takes no time to get a ride to 14th street. I also can avoid the Pentagon and get a ride from 14th and G in the afternoons. Can't complain. It's worked so great that I am considering ditching the 17 lot and driving to 610 everyday. Thanks for asking.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic