Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Hechinger's Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gr1bb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Hechinger's Problems
    Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 9:35am
So now at approximately 8:00 in the morning, the Old Hechinger's lot has been full. The car lines have been extremely long and every time I see it like this, I go over to the 123 lot. From here, I have taken several rides into 14th street.

I propose that we do one of two things. I propose first that the 14th street line be permanently moved to the 123 lot and keep the 18th street lot at Old Hechinger's. This will alleviate some of the space from the Potomac Mills overflow and allow 18th street folks to park there and it will assist in making the lines flow easier since the 18th and 14th street will be separate.

The second proposal if the first is inadequate is for the cars picking up. If they see that the car line is exceeding long and there are no parking spaces, go to the 123 lot. This is where the overflow 14th and 18th people will be parked since there is no room.

Now, for me, coming home will not be an issue as most of the time I take the Lake Ridge bus, but it would be nice for drivers to accept (particularly at 14th and Independence slug lines)slugs to the 123 lot as many of us will have to park here because of the Potomac Mills overflow.

Let me know what everyone thinks.
annettedeleon View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annettedeleon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 11:20am
I vote for the second option. If the lot looks full then go over to the 123 lot.
mtvernon63 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtvernon63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 9:12am
123 is good, and I like splitting, but better just to think overflow for now (both 14th and 18th locations).

HOWEVER, its just as important to start the return lines downtown. HEchingers has a return line on 14th - starting a 123 next to it is a no brainer. What we need now is a return from 19th & H/Penn. THere is plenty of space for a third line. OR we set it up at 18th and PENN (right next to Lake Ridge bus stop, but around the corner so cars can get on Penn heading SE and pull over, then turn right on 17th to hit Constitution.
Lisaerei View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisaerei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 9:55am
Where is the return line on 14th to OH? Drove in today (yikes), and am happy to pick up riders to drop off at OH or 95/123.
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 10:39am
I believe they pick up on NY b/w 14th and 15th...

quote:
Originally posted by Lisaerei

Where is the return line on 14th to OH? Drove in today (yikes), and am happy to pick up riders to drop off at OH or 95/123.

Nic
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic