Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Traffic Pattern for Tackett's Mill!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Traffic Pattern for Tackett's Mill!!
    Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 5:28am
For those slugs/drivers using the Tackett's Mill slug line, they are aware of the traffic congestion created as cars stage to pick up slugs. A new traffic pattern is being discussed that would stage the Pentagon drivers to the area inside the commuter lot and effectively prevent the blocking of traffic.

I will post a map to describe in detail, but basically Pentagon drivers would enter the commuter lot as normal and then turn right into the parking area BUT instead of bearing left to stage, they will bear right. Car could then circle inside the commuter lot (very similiar to how the cars stage at Horner) to stage.

As drivers pickup slugs then cars can pull forward to the "final staging area". So, rather than staging next to the Rosslyn/Crystal City drivers and blocking the roadway, they simply stage inside the commuter parking area.

I know this may be hard to visualize, but I will post a map later today or in the morning.

With the increased usage of Tackett's Mill, we have got to fix the traffic problem.
Bamboo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bamboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 8:38pm
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It is frustrating when picking up slugs for Rosslyn or Crystal City and you can't get out because you are blocked by a line of cars waiting to pick-up Pentagon slugs. This is compounded when folks blocking you in make no attempt to let you out.
green_eyesn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green_eyesn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 12:57pm
Have there been any developments on this lately?
Rocku View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 2:15pm
quote:
Originally posted by green_eyesn

Have there been any developments on this lately?

Apparently not... I am wondering, now that we have more parking at the Lake Ridge lot (across from Tackett's Mill), is anyone else interested in a L'Enfant/Independence line, perhaps in that nice new turnaround in the new part of the lot? It could be a later option when Horner fills up. I'm sure lots of folks that go to Pent (like me) would like to be able to get straight into town.

dude.
Rocku View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 6:20pm
Seems to be working better now. I am contemplating a LAKE RIDGE to L'ENFANT line from the new part of the lot. Those cars could exit the lot from the other entrance, which would relieve pressure from the old entrance.

dude.
blicious View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 12:06am
quote:
Originally posted by Rocku

Seems to be working better now. I am contemplating a LAKE RIDGE to L'ENFANT line from the new part of the lot. Those cars could exit the lot from the other entrance, which would relieve pressure from the old entrance.

dude.

Any updates on a Lake Ridge to L'Enfant line? I'd like to drive people to L'Enfant from Lake Ridge -- Tacketts Mill or Old Hechingers preferred.

bab
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic