Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Horner to 14th Street Line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtivr6ps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Horner to 14th Street Line
    Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 11:38am
I have a question about how cars are supposed to pick up people in this new line. Are we, the drivers, supposed to just pull up on the through road or go through the parking lot? And if going through the parking lot, should we be pulling with the drivers side of our cars facing the slugs or the passenger side of our cars facing the slugs??

Reason I ask...I always seem to pull up inside the parking lot with my passenger side facing the slugs. Then pull forward passing the 18th St line and pull out of the parking area making a right into traffic. This morning, as I pulled up a lady pulled into the parking area drivers side towards the slugs. As I sat there (next in line), 2 slugs walked up at the same time a car pulled up on the main road and called out 14th, taking one of the slugs that should have been for me.

Please clarify as this morning seemed to be a cluster!!!
PDenny View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 10:13am
To keep from getting too congested on the main through road, it was suggested that riders are to be picked up on the parking lot side of the line. As for direction the car should be traveling, it was also suggested that cars pull up with the drivers side facing the riders (similar to Pentagon line) this way the car can then turn right down a lane and have multiple options to exit the lot. Hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic