Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Afternoon Slug line from L'enfant Plaza to 17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukiltmybrutha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Afternoon Slug line from L'enfant Plaza to 17
    Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 12:47pm
Well yesterday I went over to the slug line specified/pictured below:

http://www.slug-lines.com/PM_lines/Lenfant_Plaza.asp
http://www.slug-lines.com/images/wpe14.jpg

I arrived at about 5:05 p.m.

People in the line were very friendly but I didn't want to wear out my welcome by interviewing the entire line (I don't have that kind of luck). [:D]

The folks I spoke to advised that the line was exclusively for Springfield and they had never heard of a line for 17.

Where did I go wrong? Does the line still exist? If so, what are the best times? The link says that 3:30-5:30 are the best times.

Thanks for your help. I really want to take advantage of this line if possible as opposed to having to pay metro fares and take time to go to Pentagon.

Thanks!

ukiltmybrutha View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukiltmybrutha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 3:54pm
Well I just visited at 3:45pm and some people helped me out. Seems that the 17 line never really formed there so I would have to take the 610 line. I hope that this helps someone or even better I hope someone can reubut this. I guess that I can take the 610 line.
SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 9:36am
It is my understanding that the afternoon line from L'Enfant to Rte 17 has never really taken off. I tried once, was told they don't go that far south and never tried again.

You have to Metro to the Pentagon to get home to L'Enfant - but that is certainly a safe bet. Plenty of rides, especially in the 3:30 - 4 timeframe.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukiltmybrutha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 12:41pm
Seems almost as cheap and probably less time consuming to just drive to 610 in the morning. Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the info anyways!
SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 11:25am
Yes, probably you are right. I never figured out if there are lines to BOTH 610 lots from L'Enfant or only to one (and which one). I have never considered it because on the days that I do slug, I would not be getting to 610 until about 7:30 - and I gather that is really pushing it for getting parking. I don't want to drive all the way up there and have no where to park!

And of course, I have now moved to Crystal City, so it is all moot for me.

Good luck!
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukiltmybrutha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 4:39pm
Smart move! [:D] Thanks for your thoughts.

quote:
Originally posted by SuTaRiCh

Yes, probably you are right. I never figured out if there are lines to BOTH 610 lots from L'Enfant or only to one (and which one). I have never considered it because on the days that I do slug, I would not be getting to 610 until about 7:30 - and I gather that is really pushing it for getting parking. I don't want to drive all the way up there and have no where to park!

And of course, I have now moved to Crystal City, so it is all moot for me.

Good luck!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic