Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need DC Lines to Woodbridge!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty5646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need DC Lines to Woodbridge!!!
    Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 12:45pm
Is it just me, or is DC seriously lacking lines that return to Woodbridge?

Not all of us are able to park early enough at Horner! Why does it seem that is the only place we can ride back to in the evening?

Am I the only one sick sick SICK of Metro-ing to the Pentagon and running to the slug line after 5pm to try to get a ride home?? And when I can't, sitting for an hour on the bus to get back to my car?

I work in L'Enfant and the only slug line for Woodbridge goes back to Horner Road - trying to get a PM line to Tacketts started by blending into the Horner line with a "Tackett's Mill" sign, but it would be great to get something ESTABLISHED.

Is anyone with me? Anyone??? Speak up!
Mauricios1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mauricios1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 4:00pm
I am willing and able to take someone back to Tacketts Mill (isn't that right by Old Bridge/Minniville area?). I work by 20th/M and drive by L'Enfant plaza to go back home. I myself have not found really much that go to Woodbridge (any location) most of them are going to Dumfries/234.

Work hours are from 8:30 - 5pm.
ShellyBee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 2:14pm
I hear you! I work at Gallery Place and the closest slug line is 15th and New York or 14th and Commerce. Since they moved the slug lines off of 14th Street at New York and F/G, everyone seems to head down to the default slug line at 14th and Commerce Dept. That line is now so incredibly croweded that it often wraps around the sidewalk. The other day there were so many people in line that when the bus pulled up, it completely filled up with riders (some people opted to stand) and there were still A LOT of people left waiting for the next bus or a slug ride home. This was about 5:30. There weren't a lot of riders coming by so I opted for the next bus.

I find getting into the city is pretty easy - I have a lot of options, but getting home is another matter altogether. Very frustrating.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic