Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Late slug ride into DC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Late slug ride into DC
    Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 6:23pm
LOOKING FOR LATE SLUG 8:20-30AM TO DC - 18TH -19TH - LAFONT PLZ AREA NOT FAMILAR WITH HOW LATE ONE CAN SLUG INTO DC. I WORK @ 10AM SO I JUST DONT WANT TO GET TO DC SO EARLY. I'M NOT SURE WHERE TO GET A RIDE THIS LATE, IF ANYONE KNOWS PLEASE REPLY. I CAN SLUG FROM DUMFRIES - HORNER RD - POTOMAC MILLS AND MAYBE LAKE RIDGE. HELP PLEASE...I JUST MOVED FROM DC TO WOODBRIDGE AND NEED HELP ON DETAILS AND TIMES. THANX
shorty5646 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty5646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 10:07am
Well, you definitely won't be able to slug from Potomac Mills at that time - they significantly reduced the commuter lot a couple of months ago. And since you slug later in the morning, you won't be able to use Horner Road (which is full before 7am) either.

I'm not sure what time the lot at Rt. 234 fills, but you may be able to use the Old Hechinger's or Rt. 123/95 lots.

I commute to L'Enfant, so I use the lot at Tackett's Mill to either go to the Pentagon or L'Enfant - you'll have better luck going to L'Enfant earlier in the morning, not to mention the parking lot and the small commuter lot across Minnieville by the McDonald's are both at capacity by 8:15am.

Because you go in so late, you're best bet may be to park somewhere that there's still room and take the PRTC bus, depending on where you're going.

Good luck!
Boo123 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:07pm
I think we have all moved our workdays up a bit since the Potomac Mills reduction in parking. On Mondays and Fridays, you can slug from the Lake Ridge lot, arriving after 8am. How long after 8am? I don't know. I think the latest I have gotten there may be 8:15am. On the other days, I am not sure how to advise you; simply don't know since I am getting out of Dodge earlier. You might try the Dale City lot (on Gemini Way). Don't be surprised if you are standing there for 10 minutes or so. In both cases, your best bet is to get in the Pentagon line and then take Metro to L'Enfant. I am slugging to the Pentagon and taking the Metro to Capitol Hill. Alternatively, slug to Crystal City and do the same (take the Metro to L'Enfant).
JustALilSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustALilSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 10:12am
Ironically there are still slugs waiting at Potomac Mills up until 9. Granted there are a whole slew of cars waiting but there are slugs. I've picked up a few myself to take into DC on days where I had to go that route. I've even slugged from that location around 8am one day.

The only thing is parking. There may still be a few spots available by Bob's Evans

Rosslyn, L'Enfant & Pentagon Slugger
drelvistoad View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drelvistoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 12:24pm
I start working near Dupont on September 19th, and I can't leave home until after 8:30 due my kids' school schedule. I'd be happy to try and coordinate something, we'd just need one more person. PM or email me if you're interested.
Therelynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Therelynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 11:18am
At 8:30am, you should still be able to get a ride at the Old Hechinger's lot. I've gotten there as late as 8:30, and still got a ride in. There is a lot less parking at this point and the lot is nearly full, so the closer you are to 8:20am the better. Also, if the lot is full by the time you get there, the 123 lot is just down the street.
Boo123 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 2:34pm
rblue, you've figured it all out by now. But in case you did not know, the 9:02am PRTC bus through the 123/95 lot will get to Independence/14th (barring crazier-than-normal traffic on the highway) at about 9:30am-9:45am. That may be cutting it too close for your 10am start in the L'Enfant area. The new Telegraph lot may have some late-morning activity also Tuesday-Thursday. On the comp-flex/maxiflex days (Monday and Friday), things are thin there when it's late in the morning. Especially during summer. Also, you could get off the PRTC bus (if taking it from 123/95) at the Pentagon if the 14th Street Bridge traffic is backed up, and take the yellow Metro train to L'Enfant. Trains do start running a non-rush schedule though at 9:00am/9:30am. And the new silver line has had some ill impact on the blue and yellow lines (WMATA changing the frequencies of all trains to accommodate the silver) when going into DC from VA.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic