Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

610 and MIne Rd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDivine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 610 and MIne Rd
    Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 11:31am
With illegal parking about to be ticketed at the 610 and Mine Rd lots, where in the world will people park? Do slugs use the Courthouse Rd. (630) lot or is that just for car/van pools? Be nice if the little Fred buses would transport folks from there to the 610/Mine Rd lots, especially now that Mine Rd goes all the way through.
swannaws View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swannaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 1:30pm
As far as I know the 630 lot is only used for car/van pools and buses. There is not an active slug line from that location. I drive past it on the way home and noticed that cars are parked in the grass there too, so it must also be at capacity.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 2:18pm
Does the Courthouse commuter lot have bus service?? If so, I don't see why we could not start a slug line here.
elisabeth64 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elisabeth64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 10:02am
From WTOP site:

STAFFORD COUNTY, Va. - The grace period is over for drivers parking illegally in two commuter parking lots in Stafford County.

Virginia State Police say they plan to ticket drivers who create their own parking spaces at the Staffordborough Boulevard and Mine Road lots.

Drivers have been parking on landscaping and over curbs.

"We've been giving warnings to any vehicle we found in a non-designated parking space," says Sgt. F.L. Tyler with the Virginia State Police.

"Some are in clearly marked no parking zones, fire lanes."

He says about 75 cars a day have been parking illegally. Starting Monday, officers will write tickets as part of an enforcement campaign.

Vehicles found in the travel lanes will get towed, while others will be issued $81 tickets.

WTOP's Andrew Mollenbeck contributed to this report. Follow Andrew and WTOP on Twitter.

mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 10:19am
I saw a couple of cars yesterday that appeared to have tickets on their windshields. They were parked on the east side in the mud, er, in the landscaped area.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic