Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOUD OFFENSIVE MUSIC!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 4:28pm
quote:
Originally posted by ktzmom13

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2333267

It was a "gentleman" who ran down the slug - former Sgt. Major of the Army, in fact.

I first heard about it on the message board here - WTOP had the story online.

OMG! I emailed the article to a couple of folks. Unbelievable! Thank you Ktzmom, for sharing this. This will be an eye-opener for a lot of folks I'm sure. We would be surprised to know the many people who walk along side us every day who suffer from mental illness. Sudden erratic behavior is a sure sign. Just recently another slugger told me her story where the driver suddenly started whizzing and speeding in and around cars like a maniac, when finally he rear-ended another vehicle. She said no one was hurt, thank God. We definitely have to remain vigilant of the people we come in contact with. Thanks again!

MARLYP
DC2Burke View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2Burke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 1:29pm
This morning I was slugging from Rolling Valley to L'Enfant. A couple of minutes after leaving RV, the slug seated next to me in the rear seat pulled out his Ipod and cranked the volume up. He was wearing earphones, but I could hear the music and I assumed the driver could too. I thought it was inappropriate, but did not think it was my place to say anything. After a few minutes the driver asked the other slug to turn down his music. It was so loud he could not hear the driver's request, and I had to gesture to him to pass along the message.
zansmom View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zansmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 4:17pm
In reference to the entire thread {loud car music, loud headphones, offensive lyrics, offensive message board replies, religious oxymorons, and just plain hypocritical comments}:

PEOPLE, WE ARE ALL ADULTS. WE ARE ALL OBVIOUSLY GAINFULLY EMPLOYED AND SIMPLY TRYING TO GET TO WORK IN A SAFE, EFFICIENT, COST-EFFECTIVE MANNER. IF WE'D JUST USE SOME "RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS" ALONG WITH SOME CONSIDERATION OF OTHER PEOPLE'S FEELINGS, OUR COMMUTES AND OUR LIVES WOULD GO SO MUCH SMOOTHER.
[8D] [8D] [8D]
HOVME View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOVME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 2:23pm
Just one example why I am so glad I have a hybrid and don't have to bother with any of this nonsense.

HOVME
Bodybykids View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodybykids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 10:27am
quote:
Originally posted by HOVME

Just one example why I am so glad I have a hybrid and don't have to bother with any of this nonsense.

HOVME

Why are you on this website and even commenting?
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 11:04am
quote:
Originally posted by Bodybykids

quote:
Originally posted by HOVME

HOVME

Why are you on this website and even commenting?

LOL[:D]

Nic
tangelo53 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangelo53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:10am
quote:
Originally posted by marlyP

VEHICLE TO WATCH OUT FOR: {RT 17 Stafford; TAG # VA xrf-7336 Toyota SUV; light grey or bluish, w/large crack along driver side of windshield; african-american woman appeared to be late 20's/mid-thirties; short and pretty heavy in size; well, I'll be honest, she was a little OBESE.

I had a very unpleasant experience Friday (15th) morning when I boarded this young woman's vehicle at RT. 17 (Stafford). There was already a guy in the back seat. No sooner as I got in, and before we even got out the parking lot she clicks on the CD, volume already set LOUDLY and out blast this sensually provocative R&B song. NEVER ONCE ASKED US: "Does my music bother you all?", "is it too loud?" SHE HAD ABSOLUTELY NO REGARD FOR THE PASSENGERS IN HER VEHICLE! It was like she was possessed and in her own zone! I was prepared to get out but she zoomed out the parking lot onto the road so fast she really didn't give us a choice. I gave her a look and even asked her 10 minutes into the ride, "would you mind just turning the volume down a little?" She smacked her lips and appeared to be annoyed and tapped the button lightly, not really making a difference. The succession of OFFENSIVE songs continued: Lady GaGa, Jay-Z, some other Pop/R&B songs I didn't recognize. I couldn't believe it! The guy in the back wasn't saying anything. He was probably thinking, "hey, I'll deal with it' I'm just trying to get to work." NO! IT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Once we got to the Pentagon -- the guy was headed to Crystal City -- I quietly got out and stood directly in front of her vehicle and wrote down her tag number. She shouted something out the window but I acted like I didn't even hear it and proceeded to walk away.

In closing: FOR THOSE DRIVERS WHO ENJOY LISTENING TO THEIR LOUD, NASTY, OBNOXIOUS MUSIC, THAT'S YOUR PREROGATIVE! BUT DO IT ON YOUR OWN TIME!!!! DON'T PICK UP SLUGGERS IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO EXTEND COURTESY AND RESPECT TO AT LEAST ASK, "DOES MY MUSIC/VOLUME BOTHER YOU?" GIVE THE SLUGGER THE OPTION OF STAYING OR EXITING YOUR VEHICLE. THANK YOU.

OMG... Are you serious??? I really can't believe you are saying the driver needs to ask the rider what music they want to listen to. Wow--- are you new to slugging??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic