Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Smelly clothes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voriah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smelly clothes
    Posted: 23 Jun 2003 at 10:43am
Ok, I have to vent about something.

There is a gentleman that slugs through tackets mill. He smokes while he is in line or while he is walking to the line, puts the cigarette out while he is about to get into the car. (the other morning he got into ours and was putting it out as he opened the door!!!)When he gets into the car it is just a nose full of cigarette smell.

Smokers usually don't bother me...it's the ones that light up and put their cigarete out right before they get into a car. To me that is just inconsiderate! This man smelt so bad that my husband and I rolled the windows down until we got on the HOV lanes. How unpleasant is that??

mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2003 at 4:12pm
quote:
Originally posted by voriah
[br]Ok, I have to vent about something.

There is a gentleman that slugs through tackets mill. He smokes while he is in line or while he is walking to the line, puts the cigarette out while he is about to get into the car. (the other morning he got into ours and was putting it out as he opened the door!!!)When he gets into the car it is just a nose full of cigarette smell.

Smokers usually don't bother me...it's the ones that light up and put their cigarete out right before they get into a car. To me that is just inconsiderate! This man smelt so bad that my husband and I rolled the windows down until we got on the HOV lanes. How unpleasant is that??

I think you have a valid complaint. Perhaps if you decline to allow him to ride, stating that you maintain a smoke-free vehicle, then the man may get the point. Or you could make a little sign to hold up that says "Nonsmokers Only, Please"
Keep in mind, however, that most smokers do not smell the smoke residue and may be surprised that others find the smell offensive. Also, remember that the morning is the time for them to get back to their "normal" nicotine levels. The 35 minute commute is a long time for some without a smoke, particularily in the morning. The urge is to build up a supply until the last possible moment.

[In case you are wondering, I quit smoking about 14 years ago.]

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
voriah View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voriah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2003 at 8:29am
Thanks for the feedback. I understand about going without smoking is a long time... July 10 it will be one year for me... so trust me I know. However, I would never light up in line than put it out as I am entering a car. That is inconsiderate. Like I said just me complaining.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic