Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sick Riders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WVUGuy275 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sick Riders
    Posted: 17 May 2011 at 4:19pm
Okay, culture check here...

This morning I was driving and picked up my two riders from the slug line. The gentlemen in the back started coughing, clearing his throat, and generally sounded miserable for most of the drive into DC.

While I felt sorry for the guy - no one likes to be sick - I was more than a little irked that he got into my car in the first place. There I (and my other passenger) are, trapped in a confined space with a sick person for a good 30-40 min drive. Not cool, in my opinion.

Question to the community: is it okay to slug sick?
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 7:11pm
Normally, I would say stay home if you're sick, but maybe he had allergies. I know mine have been horrible lately. So while it can be annoying having to listen to the coughing etc it may not have been contagious.

CJ
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 8:30am
I had a slug this morning that wouldnt stop cracking every joint in his body and then bite his nails and wipe the pickings off his clothes onto my car floor. GROSS!

Nic
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 1:15pm
You can't assume that he has some contagious disease. At this time of the year it is very likely that he just has allergies. I hope he tried to keep his coughing and hacking to the minimum.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 9:08am
I happen to have very bad allergies this season which causes me to cough- especially first thing in the morning. It is very embarrassing to be a coughing slug. I am polite- turn my head, cough into the creese of my arm, use a tissue. But, I've still experienced drivers/other slugs giving me the rear view sneer, the slight dissaproving head shake, or even worse- rolling down their window as if I was infecting their air.

Am I supposed to not work because I have post nasal drip?

This is a shared system folks. Most of us were raised with manners, it's time to start using them.

XOXO- sluggin' girl
ukiltmybrutha View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukiltmybrutha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 10:02am
Open air hacking is cool on the Martz Bus! Not sure why a driver would freak out over someone coughing properly. Some of us don't get paid for sick time or holidays. If I did hear someone coughing in my car, I would crack my window just in case and wouldn't intend to offend anyone. I protect myself at all times. I wear a face mask on the Martz when people don't cover their mouths. [:D]

quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze

I happen to have very bad allergies this season which causes me to cough- especially first thing in the morning. It is very embarrassing to be a coughing slug. I am polite- turn my head, cough into the creese of my arm, use a tissue. But, I've still experienced drivers/other slugs giving me the rear view sneer, the slight dissaproving head shake, or even worse- rolling down their window as if I was infecting their air.

Am I supposed to not work because I have post nasal drip?

This is a shared system folks. Most of us were raised with manners, it's time to start using them.

XOXO- sluggin' girl

lisad219 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisad219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 3:25pm
As someone who is freaked out by being trapped in a car or anywhere with a sick person I would assume people coughing this time of year has to do a lot with allergies. There are LOTS of people coughing, clearing the throats, etc.

On the other hand I would hope "sick" people would be courteous enough to STAY HOME if you are sick. I once started coughing a few minutes after I got in a car to slug home and it was because I inhaled some pollen on the long walk to the line...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic