Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do not get in this car .... beware.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do not get in this car .... beware.
    Posted: 24 May 2011 at 9:09am
Yesterday I was in a Honda (sedan, sort of a goldish/champagnish color, with brown slip covers over front seats). Driver is male caucasian with black hair and really nice clothes. Large guy with very broad shoulders and large hands. Can tell he's well over 6 feet. Anyway - drove 87 mph and terrified me. Way too fast for my comfort and I was afraid to say anything. Guy in front passenger seat said nothing.[:(!]
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 9:25am
Need more info. If he was going 87mph, keeping up with the flow of traffic, not weaving in and out of traffic, etc. Then it's not an issue in my opinion. Most (if not all by now) cars can handle that speed just fine. If he was weaving in and out of traffic, slamming on his brakes, then speeding back up, etc then that's an issue.

Please lets not turn this into a speeding vs. not speeding debate.
KennyP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:18am
You are right, it should not be an issue until he/she slams into the back of someone and kills his/her passengers. Driving slugs does not give anyone the right to behave poorly. Speeding is speeding and keeping up with the flow of traffic is not in any driving manual that I have read. Driver's must understand that they have the lives of others in their hands when they drive carelessly. According to you as long as the driver is not weaving in and out of traffic, slamming on the brakes, it's fine. It is never ok to speed, but here in the District and I'm sure in other cities, it is the norm. But with that said, it is fine, for the sake of discussion, only when they are in the car alone. Not when they have others in the car whose lives are also in danger!!
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:13pm
While accidents are more fatal on the German Autobahnen, there are FAR LESS accidents and there is no enforced speed limit with the exceptions of construction zones, some buses and when you are pulling a trailer. I am a very defensive driver, but I am also skilled and have no issues going 85 with people in the car. With slugs I do not know and who do not know me, I keep it around 80. 87 wouldn't freak me out if the person seemed in control and not driving erratically. However, I choose to do the driving because I know me and my driving; I trust it over any other random person. Perhaps you shouldn't be slugging if you are worried about people going over 65. There is no real sure way to determine that before you get in a car unless you ask.

Nic
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 1:49pm
quote:
Originally posted by KennyP

You are right, it should not be an issue until he/she slams into the back of someone and kills his/her passengers. Driving slugs does not give anyone the right to behave poorly. Speeding is speeding and keeping up with the flow of traffic is not in any driving manual that I have read. Driver's must understand that they have the lives of others in their hands when they drive carelessly. According to you as long as the driver is not weaving in and out of traffic, slamming on the brakes, it's fine. It is never ok to speed, but here in the District and I'm sure in other cities, it is the norm. But with that said, it is fine, for the sake of discussion, only when they are in the car alone. Not when they have others in the car whose lives are also in danger!!

Just want to make sure I understand. At 65mph in the HOV lanes I'm fine, but at 66mph I'm in mortal danger?
KennyP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 1:01pm
mortal danger. oh you got jokes!! there is danger with anything. I think we are talking stupidity here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic