Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew I95 HOT Bottleneck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cavvie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New I95 HOT Bottleneck
    Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 5:21pm
All this time we've been led to believe by VDOT that the existing HOV lanes will be re-decked to three lanes from the Pentagon all the way to Stafford to make your glorious toll ride a real pleasure. Of course, everyone was concerned about what happens Northbound at the Pentagon when the HOT/HOV lanes went from three to two and the resulting congestion. Well, here's the NEW improved plan. This from the VDOT web site Megaprojects:

http://www.vamegaprojects.com/news/featured-headlines/virginia-advances-new-i-95-hovhot-lanes-project/

"Widening the existing HOV lanes from two lanes to three lanes for 14 miles from the Prince William Parkway to approximately two miles north of the Springfield Interchange in the vicinity of Edsall Road."

So now we all have to worry about a bottleneck at Edsall Road in the morning with HOT traffic merging into the regular lanes and the HOV traffic merging into two lanes from three. In the evening, we get the bottleneck at the Prince William Parkway when ALL traffic goes from three lanes to two lanes.

Doesn't this plan remind you of cheese. The longer it sits the smellier it becomes but unlike cheese, it just don't get better with age. And the best part is you can't do anything about it. Cheers!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic