Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why I slug (riddle)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug_driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why I slug (riddle)
    Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 10:02pm
2 people meet in Gainsville VA at 0600 for a ride into DC along I-66 HOV.

A slug driver leaves Gainsville to pick up slugs on the I-95 park and ride lots.

Who gets to DC first?

The same two people leave DC for the trip home. At the same time a slug driver picks up slugs for a trip home.

Who get to Gainsville faster?

jerryclapham View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerryclapham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 8:07am
When will you tell us the answer? I am considering moving from Woodbridge to Gainesville and this is my biggest concern. I have been slugging for years and I do not know if I want to give that up.

Jerry
Flyby View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 5:57am
Gotta be the driver who spends the time going over to the 95 corridor. 66 is a nightmare.

Flyby
jerryclapham View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerryclapham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 7:33am
I guess it will all depend on the route they take to get from Gainesville to I-95. Since my daughter has moved there, I have found several different routes.

Jerry
slug_driver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug_driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 9:38pm
In the morning it is a tie, I-66 will have congestion so on a good day it will take about an hour with periods of stop and go traffic where I-95 HOV is travel free.

On the way home I-66 will take somewhere between 1.5 to 2 hours on I-66 HOV lanes (2+ hours if you cant use HOV) where I-95 is steady at 1.5 hours.

The only problem I see with the I-95 route is that I add extra miles/parking expense to my car everyday that the HOV avoids.

If having to pay parking/gas was not a problem (trying to cut back on expenses because of the economy) then I would slug_drive in everyday

slug_driver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug_driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by jerryclapham

When will you tell us the answer? I am considering moving from Woodbridge to Gainesville and this is my biggest concern. I have been slugging for years and I do not know if I want to give that up.

Jerry, the I-66 trip is not pleasant and not something I would not wish on my most hated enemy. I only do it because I can share the parking Long story short slug to 95 is the way to roll IMO.

Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic