Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BRAC 133 Slug Line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veejay863 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 10:33am
quote:
Originally posted by southbridgemom

quote:
Originally posted by veejay863

I start working at the Mark Center tomorrow and I am looking to catch a ride with someone thats coming from and going to tackets mill or 234. I work from 7:30am-4pm. If anyone needs help picking up riders please let me know!

Will definitely keep you posted as to my status at Mark Center. Best of luck to you!

Thanks! And the same to you as well!
southbridgemom View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southbridgemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 10:12pm
quote:
Originally posted by gawinkworth

@Mike2024 - We've been at the Mark Center for a few weeks now, and have several folks coming from all over the place. Of those who have tried the Springfield route(s), none have made the trip in less than 20-30 minutes.

My wife and I pick up a Woodbridge area slug in the morning, drive into the Pentagon, and flip around. To date, it has added maybe 10 minutes to our commute; not bad at all. The biggest hang up obviously is getting off at the Pentagon. Depending on when you get in, that can be a bear.

As for the slug line along the North Parking garage at the Mark Center, it'll hold maybe four cars, and I've never seen any bodies out there. In the near future I will be hitting the Customer Service office again to see about defining some slug lines INSIDE the building. Being able to step off the elevator, pick up a body, walk out to the garage, and hop on 395, works very nicely. Doesn't do anything to address the trip in, but it's a start toward taking care of the return trip.

Geoffrey A Winkworth
Senior Analyst/Developer
AT&T Government Solutions, Inc.

Recommend you also go to the WHS Transportation office as well. Bring this issue up with them about putting slug lines inside - I agree with you. Once the complex is at capacity, the current slug line area will be a mess. I will go to Transportation office in the morning. I just signed up for their database for the slug lines. Picked up hubby (who came over on 7M bus from Pentagon) at that area today at 4:15 -- we got to Woodbridge by 5pm, and had our son from daycare by 5:15. Not a bad trial run for us.

I would DEFINITELY be interested in picking up a rider or 2 from Mark Center to Woodbridge in the PM as soon as I confirm my work schedule. I'd say Horner Rd or Tackett's Mill would be our drop off point in the PM. Right now it's looking like I'll be able to work 7:30-4pm. Not sure of what our AM run will be like at this point, having to drop off our little guy at daycare first.

Will keep you all posted.
Billie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 5:10pm
I get on HOV at about 5:40 am -5:45 am, drive to Springfield, dump onto I-395 and get off at Seminary. I arrive at the Mark Center between 6:15 and 6:30 usually. If traffic is backed up on I-395, I may go on to Franconia, then Van Dorn to Sanger or Seminary. It really isn't that bacd at that time of day.

In the p.m., I hop on I-395 SB around 3:10, 3:15 to the HOV ramp at Edsall all the way to Dale Blvd. If there's no delays, I get off HOV around 3:30/3:45. Sometimes, if I know the HOV is backed up, I stay on the main lanes, like today, and made it to Dale Blvd. by 3:30 (6 lanes are faster than two slow ones).

I always, always check my IPhone app, Waze, social media for traffic. Check it out!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic