Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

123 Disconnect

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvnslgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 123 Disconnect
    Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 11:26am
I am usually slug rider. Over the summer, I was using Old Hechingers. I have noticed that since school is back in session, the lot now fills up @ 8a. The overflow goes to 123 , but drivers still queue up at OH. Is there any way of providing signage to let drivers know that there is an abundance of sluggers @ 123 (easy, direct access to HOV) available for p/u with no waiting, since they are waiting for sluggers who will never appear as the parking has been exhausted? What is the policy for posting signs, i.e. are there county ordinances or permits to be considered?

I have not yet been to Tacketts since it was expanded. Is there a DC line there, and can anyone offer any guidance as to what time it fills up?
shorty5646 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty5646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 10:32am
I am back to slugging in and out of Tackett's, now that school is back in session. On Mondays and Fridays, you can park in the actual lot pretty much all morning. Tues-Thurs, I'm not sure what time it fills up - probably around or before 8am. After that, you can park across the street by the McDonald's OR the new lot (http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13084), which is the right turn just before Tackett's, if you're on Minnieville going towards Old Bridge.

There is NO slug line into DC at Tackett's, however; I tried to get one started in the spring, but unfortunately, it never seemed to catch on. Instead, many slugs go to the Pentagon and metro from there into DC.

Hope that helps!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic