Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manassas (234) to RT66 (Rosslyn)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cholli73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Manassas (234) to RT66 (Rosslyn)
    Posted: 16 Jul 2003 at 10:06am
I was wondering if their was a slug line to ride Rt.66 into Washington? I live in Manassas and mostly slug out of Horner Rd., but if there was a way to pick up someone so I could take Rt. 66 into to work?
amnib View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amnib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2003 at 8:50pm
I'm experiencing the same problems. I live in Manassas and I've looked for riders at Starbucks and at the bus lot behind Toys R Us, but I haven't had any luck. Please let me know if there is another place to pick up someone.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2003 at 9:12pm
Yeah, without the barriers to prevent HOV violators, I66 just has not attracted slugging like is has for I95. We have tried to encourage develop slugging from Manassas but just have not got it going. With the continued growth in Manassas and the increasing congestion along I66 I'm confident that slugging will start at some point...
cholli73 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cholli73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2003 at 10:40am
Well I'm ready to start up something to bring slugging back to Manassas. I have to go travel 15 to 20 minutes to get to the slug lines in Woodbridge and wait another 15 to 20 mins for two sluggers, just to travel 30 more mintnues to get to Rosslyn! That's the price I pay for a stress free ride to work (yeah right). I can travel to Rosslyn in the same time span, but with triple the stress of traffic on Rt 66. Now if I could ride the HOV, it would be less stress and less time, both ways. I think that Manassas Mall has a great parking lot area between the stores "Target" and "Sears" close to the street. Buses pick up there and I've never seen the parking fill up area. By the time I realized we had a slug line at Starbucks, it shut down. Anyone would like to help me start this new spot up?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic