Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tacketts mills lot closing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babiegyrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tacketts mills lot closing
    Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 7:57pm
I can't understand why the rackets mills lot is closing and for what?!!!
A lot of people commute out that lot and safer than Horner rd lot.
I am going to fight this decision, because it caused a problem.
There is never no parking at Horner rd lot plus the new
Lot across from Horner rd is not safe to cross telegraph rd.
Then you have to be at Horner rd before 7am to get a ride.
Do anyone think about others before thinking about saving money?!!
It's not fair to the riders or drivers by closing the lot.
Until slug.com come out to ride slug, then do not assum
You are doing the right thing by closing down rackets mills lot!!!
I am upset by this and it do not think it is fair to the drivers or riders!!!!

Never ending story
sincereluv View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sincereluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 1:15pm
Hi Roadrunner, Yes Telegraph road & lot are just dangerous no matter how you look at it for drivers as well as the people having to walk over to Horner lot..Anyhow so this is why they are taking the overflow lot next to Sentara is it building businesses like Starbucks how and where..Doesn't look like enough room to me to put that in that lot when you have Safeway shopping center which has the room and empty spaces they should be filling with businesses..But who am i to say they build shopping centers and lots only to have them go abandon that is krazy..Lovely place we live in right..
Thank you for the updates as always hope you have great holiday!!
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 6:14pm
Let me remind the board that one of the reasons we have the traffic light at the 234 lot is because a poor slug was killed trying to cross the 6 lanes of traffic to the McDonald's after dark. Killed, mind you. Just a regular schmo trying to get home to family. Could have been you.

How long will it be, do you think, before this happens on Telegraph Road this winter?
christy22 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christy22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 6:32pm
Can anyone please give me the exact location of the new lot being discussed up here? i pick up slugs from the tacket mills lot to the pentagon. but now that its closing, i'm confused as to where to pick people. this morning, i was at horner rd lot and there was nobody to pick up. its scary to think i have to get up way too early to get to work after this lot is closed on Monday.
Ps. I work at ft myers so if anyone is interested in slugging there you can email me at ebrncnx@gmail.com
Thanks
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 7:11am
I have not seen the flyer, so if somebody could email me one, I would appreciate it. Send it to webmaster@slug-lines.com

Thanks!
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 10:01am
No need really. Just stopped by the lot. Closed effective 1 Dec 2012.
floreso2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floreso2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 12:17pm
The whole lot is not being closed. Just the overflow part next to the Sentara medical center.
malibumike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibumike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 9:32am
I parked in the addendeum lot today along with about 30 other cars. Does anyone know if they are ticketing or towing?
peachie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 8:17am
I, too, am a "late" commuter and use the "extended" Tacketts Mill lot. It looks like the option is to get there earlier or find an alternative parking and/or slug location.

How soon does the main Tacketts Mill lot fill up? I know at Horner Road, you have to be there by 6:30am, or else, there's no more spaces.

While I cannot get mad at the owner of the lot for not renewing the lease (it is his/her business after all!), I do am disappointed at the County/VDOT officials who make these decisions without any thought...

I know there is also a Rosslyn slug line at the Dale City Commuter Lot. However, I do not know how late they pick up slugs there. I believe that lot doesnt fill-up so there should be parking even after 7:30am (not totally sure since I haven't parked at this lot for months).
floreso2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floreso2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 8:51am
The lot generally does not fill up until about 8am or 8:15. You can also try the lot by McDonald's and then walk over to Tacketts.

quote:
Originally posted by peachie

I, too, am a "late" commuter and use the "extended" Tacketts Mill lot. It looks like the option is to get there earlier or find an alternative parking and/or slug location.

How soon does the main Tacketts Mill lot fill up? I know at Horner Road, you have to be there by 6:30am, or else, there's no more spaces.

While I cannot get mad at the owner of the lot for not renewing the lease (it is his/her business after all!), I do am disappointed at the County/VDOT officials who make these decisions without any thought...

I know there is also a Rosslyn slug line at the Dale City Commuter Lot. However, I do not know how late they pick up slugs there. I believe that lot doesnt fill-up so there should be parking even after 7:30am (not totally sure since I haven't parked at this lot for months).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic