Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Horner Rd Lot on Telegraph

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zerby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Horner Rd Lot on Telegraph
    Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 2:35pm
I would like to propose that Rosslyn, Crystal City & L'Enfant Plaza slug lines be moved permanently and beginning all morning to the new lot on Telegraph since the Omniride is only servicing that bus route at the new lot. The new Telegraph Road commuter lot opened in the fall and is served by the Dale City - Pentagon/Crystal City and Rosslyn/Ballston OmniRide routes (per omniride site http://www.prtctransit.org/commuter-bus/service-updates/omniride_service_updates.php?docid=514)

Moving Rosslyn and Crystal City and L'Enfant Plaza slug lines will distribute parking for all riders (slug and bus).

Moving Rosslyn/Ballston slug line permanently and all morning to new lot would also improve safety for 14th and 18th street riders so fewer people (hopefully) have to walk along that very dangerous stretch of Telegraph. Some people I think are still driving cross town to Hechinger's lot for safety reasons, which adds to the already congested Old Bridge Road.
shorty5646 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty5646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 9:40pm
I also agree that the lines for Pentagon/Crystal City and Rosslyn could be moved - but not L'Enfant. The OmniRide buses at the new lot do not serve the stops near L'Enfant Plaza, so unless that changes, that line should stay where it is.

In addition, I think the carpool/vanpoolers could be moved to the new lot. However, I have a feeling that is easier said than done, since Horner has a more convenient entrance/exit to the HOV lanes than the new lot does. My guess is that people are going to continue stuffing their cars into the Horner lot because it's what they're used to, and it's easier that way.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic