Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crystal City PM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
lisad219 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisad219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crystal City PM
    Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 11:06am
I am a former Pentagon slug and now slug from CC. I walk outside the Polk Building and cross the street. I stand there holding a sign for Horner. I have had no problems getting rides quickly in the afternoon. I would have no problem going to the traditional slug line on 12th, but it's too far off a walk for me!

Anyway, anyone trying to slug should hold a sign with their destination clearly visible. It will make a huge difference I think.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 10:20am
From http://www.slug-lines.com/PM_lines/Crystal_Gateway.asp

Driving Directions:
Description: The line forms at northern end of Crystal City near the sharp turn on Crystal Drive and 12th Street. There are actually two lines with signs posting their destinations. One sign is "Horner Road Potomac Mills" and the other is "Rt 610 Stafford".
AngloAustrian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngloAustrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 8:58am
On the corner is just 610, Just BEFORE you get to the corner (about 50 feet) is another slug line for Tackets Mill (wherever that is). That's all I know.
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:23pm
is it just 610? Is there Horner? and where is the rosslyn line? thanks!

Nic
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngloAustrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 2:14pm
Slugs in Crystal City can be picked up in two ways:

They walk along Crystal Drive from 23rd St to 12th Street holding signs that say "610".

Then, when they get to the slug line, they wait. The slug line is where Crystal Drive curves sharply to the left and becomes 12th street. It's right on the corner. If you google maps 200 12th Street south, Arlington VA 22202, that shows you exactly where the spot is.

We sluggers can often see cars waiting there (well, used to before they all drove straight to the Pentagon) as we are walking towards the slug line. So, just stop for a few minutes, and look behind you for people waving "610" signs at you!
GetMeOffOLine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetMeOffOLine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 1:08pm
Nic, I just go to the Pentagon now. I work right near Rosslyn so Crystal City is a bit out of my way. I just take Blue Line to Pentagon and get the slug lines over there. I talked to someone else recently who said the PM line at Rosslyn's pretty much nada. I don't know where the CC pickup is for the PM. Sorry.
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 12:47pm
I will pick up CC where on 12th street??

quote:
Originally posted by GetMeOffOLine

I feel your pain. The Rosslyn PM line is like that too. Went over there last night, waited 10 minutes, nada. So I took Metro to Pentagon instead, less of a wait. I hope the CC line improves for ya!

Nic
GetMeOffOLine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetMeOffOLine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 12:47pm
I feel your pain. The Rosslyn PM line is like that too. Went over there last night, waited 10 minutes, nada. So I took Metro to Pentagon instead, less of a wait. I hope the CC line improves for ya!
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngloAustrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 9:25am
We Crystal City slugs have noticed a significant drop off in the number of cars coming by the pick up line at 12th street in the afternoon/evenings. Is there a reason for this?

I have been picked up a few times by a car saying, "Lucky I saw you, I usually go to the Pengaton to pick up a slug," which is a shame (for us mainly, but the driver would benefit not having to navigate the insanity that is the Pentagon).

Please drivers, if you are going to the Pentagon, how about you drive past the CC pick up line on your way. Usually, if you wait just five minutes, someone will show up. I used to see cars waiting all the time, haven't seen THAT in a long time.

Just wondering if there is a reason for all of this.
Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic